should the next Blu-Ray be the Alien films??

Started by Wolfpred, Sep 04, 2008, 10:49:48 PM

Well...... should it? FOX release PREDATOR on Blu-Ray....

Hell Yah!! That'll be awesome!
24 (70.6%)
doesn't matter to me
9 (26.5%)
nah
0 (0%)
no
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
should the next Blu-Ray be the Alien films?? (Read 9,247 times)

Wolfpred

i think FOX should, or a least a 30th Aniversery ALIEN DVD

Scarface Predator

It does not matter to me since I already own an Alien DVD. For Blu-Ray fans its great.

DoomRulz

Sure! I'd love to watch the first two films in HD.

Cellien

Yes, I'm anxiously awaiting the Blu-Ray releases of the series.  I already have AvP and AvP-R in HD.  I actually found a version of Alien in HD floating around the internet. 

Johnny Handsome

Yes, there is an Alien version in HD out there.
Also have Predator, Robocop, Commando in HD too.

Looks great.

QuoteIt does not matter to me since I already own an Alien DVD. For Blu-Ray fans its great.
Trust me, as soon as you have an HD beamer or flat screen and once saw a movie in HD you wanna have all your favourite movies in HD.

But i wait for the blu ray players to become cheaper before i buy one, alot cheaper.

DoomRulz

Why not get a PS3 then? Cheaper than most conventional BR players, plus it serves its own purpose.

Cellien

Yeah,  +1 to that.  It's a great Blu-Ray player.

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 05, 2008, 10:38:23 AM
Yes, there is an Alien version in HD out there.
Also have Predator, Robocop, Commando in HD too.

Looks great.

QuoteIt does not matter to me since I already own an Alien DVD. For Blu-Ray fans its great.
Trust me, as soon as you have an HD beamer or flat screen and once saw a movie in HD you wanna have all your favourite movies in HD.

But i wait for the blu ray players to become cheaper before i buy one, alot cheaper.

Really. I agree that blue ray player is visual good. I am actually happy with my DVDs, since money and economic situation is hard.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Alien Hive in Aliens in HD would equal

SiL

Mmm, HD film grain!

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Sep 07, 2008, 11:02:51 PM
Mmm, HD film grain!
Predator is grainy as hell, doesnt change the fact that the movie looks very sharp and impressive in HD.
I could imagine the hive in Aliens looking really good in HD even if its grainy.

Cellien

Yeah, a lot of the older 80s re-releases in HD are grainy, but they still look WAY better than the DVD counterparts.  One movie I'm really waiting for in HD is the Abyss because the DVD that's out isn't anamorphic and it just stretches a fake 4:3 letterbox to widescreen so everything is all stretched out and fat.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Cellien on Sep 08, 2008, 02:47:30 PM
Yeah, a lot of the older 80s re-releases in HD are grainy, but they still look WAY better than the DVD counterparts.  One movie I'm really waiting for in HD is the Abyss because the DVD that's out isn't anamorphic and it just stretches a fake 4:3 letterbox to widescreen so everything is all stretched out and fat.
Really? I dont have it but i think the german dvd is the original 1;85 widescreen format.

Firestorm

My dream:

Aliens Blu Ray, with a Cameron supervised frame by frame restoration, and a remastered 5.1 pcm audio track, Dts Hs Master Audio/Dolby True Hd would be acceptable also.

Bieng the number one Sci-Fi action movie of all time, i dont think Aliens has ever been treated to the polish that it deserves.

BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher

[/quote]
[/quote]

This is soo true, since iv'e been watching Blu-ray on my setup I've sold all my DVDs and I am now replacing them with Blu-ray discs. I can barley watch DVDs anymore...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed