should the next Blu-Ray be the Alien films??

Started by Wolfpred, Sep 04, 2008, 10:49:48 PM

Well...... should it? FOX release PREDATOR on Blu-Ray....

Hell Yah!! That'll be awesome!
24 (70.6%)
doesn't matter to me
9 (26.5%)
nah
0 (0%)
no
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
should the next Blu-Ray be the Alien films?? (Read 9,249 times)

DoomRulz

I haven't gotten rid of all my DVDs for two reasons.

1) Not every film I have is on BR
2) Some BR only have the movies and not the extra features.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2008, 05:34:05 PM
I haven't gotten rid of all my DVDs for two reasons.

1) Not every film I have is on BR
2) Some BR only have the movies and not the extra features.
Just like me, i don't sell my DVDs simply because I'm not going to buy every movie i have again on blu ray.
My DVDs are still at no 1.

DoomRulz

I just hope that if Fox does release the Alien films on BR, they include all the extra material like the 2 disc DVDs had. I can't understand why it wouldn't be included when BR has such a huge storage capacity.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI can't understand why it wouldn't be included when BR has such a huge storage capacity.
So they can release a new edition later on and most of the people probably buy it twice because they cant wait and buy the thing without the extras first.

SiL

I'd sooner buy an upscaling DVD player than start buying Blu-Ray. Maybe when the prices go down.

The quality difference just ain't enough to warrant chucking 200 movies.

ubcool

having it on dvd is nice but its the same boring sd picture ive seen since i was a kid on tv loads of times,  watching a film in High definition is like watching a completely new film, you see so much more detaill it actually draws you in as you see new things you couldn before, and also i struggle to tell the difference with mp3 and cd but with the clarity of the sound felt amazing of course it helps to have a bigger tv and audio system sadly not mine , i watched the terminator in hd and honestly it felt like watching it for the first time.

Cellien

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 08, 2008, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Sep 08, 2008, 02:47:30 PM
Yeah, a lot of the older 80s re-releases in HD are grainy, but they still look WAY better than the DVD counterparts.  One movie I'm really waiting for in HD is the Abyss because the DVD that's out isn't anamorphic and it just stretches a fake 4:3 letterbox to widescreen so everything is all stretched out and fat.
Really? I dont have it but i think the german dvd is the original 1;85 widescreen format.

You're lucky then!  We have a crappy release. :(

bobcunk

Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2008, 09:38:36 AM
I'd sooner buy an upscaling DVD player than start buying Blu-Ray. Maybe when the prices go down.

there going down fast there are some that are under $200 and i bet next years there will be under$100. blu-rays are now around the same prise as the 2 disc dvd version.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2008, 09:38:36 AM

There are Blu-Ray players out there that cost 159â,¬ now and are very good.
An Upscaling DVD player cost way more then that and you don't see any difference in picture quality, I've seen one while it was running and there was no difference.

DoomRulz

It depends on the TV I think. I play DVDs on my PS3 and I notice a slightly clearer picture, namely in the lighting levels.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 20, 2008, 03:30:44 PM
It depends on the TV I think. I play DVDs on my PS3 and I notice a slightly clearer picture, namely in the lighting levels.
Still not anywhere near as Blu-Ray though.

DoomRulz

If you expect it to be as good as Blu-Ray, you deserve to be disappointed.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 21, 2008, 01:56:04 AM
If you expect it to be as good as Blu-Ray, you deserve to be disappointed.
I dont, hence why i bought an Blu-Ray player  :)

Kimo

Defo want them all on Blu-Ray. Good thing about Blu-Ray is the picture and sound looks awsome if you have a good HDTV set that plays in 1080p. Anything like a normal SD TV i would just stick to DVDs since you dont really experience the HD effects. Only movie i think will suffer in HD is Aliens, but it will still be alot better then the SD Aliens that we have on DVD. I think Alien and Alien Res will look amazing, i always loved the color tone of Alien Res so i bet it will look 2nd best next to Alien.

Predator may look abit grainy but it looks nice and sharp and has awsome sound on blu-ray. But if you want a classic why you are waiting for the Alien movies, i suggest you get The Thing on blu-ray, it looks and sounds f**king amazing compared to the SD version.

AvPvTerminator

They should make a Blu-ray version of the Quadrilogy. Maybe include a couple digital copies as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed