AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 237,470 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Exactly. But as said, I didn't mind that.

Nero the Jackal

its not always a bad thing but when the films has more flaws then it just adds to it. Scar was pretty stupid though, if i woke up and not remembering going to sleep and i was aware of the creature running around then i would be seriously alarmed.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Who knows what he was thinking. Perhaps he was planning to tell the other Predators, but didn't live long enough to do so.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 08:10:10 PM
Who knows what he was thinking. Perhaps he was planning to tell the other Predators, but didn't live long enough to do so.

yes but the predators have a harsh tribal nature as well as an honour system, getting defiled by their prey for lack of a better word, would be very shameful and they would either expect scar to have killed himself or they might have killed him if he survived the battle.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We don't have enough data on their culture to give all those things for sure. Again, his plan could've been that of telling the other Predators, in order to get the thing out of his chest without problems.

Nero the Jackal

its possible but going by their nature from the films its an unlikely scenario but that is my opinion.
Scar didn't seem to be aware he was infected with an alien as he would have been more occupied with leaving and getting to the ship rather than stalking lex for the plasma caster.

BobGrill

BobGrill

@ Omegizilla: Yes it was, but to me it felt that Resurrection was made even more so for the money than Alien 3. That's just my personal view on it.

Nero the Jackal

Alien 3 is when it started to go down the drain but there were problems during the production so the film is forgiveable but alien rez was just too far fetched but its was a bearable film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 07:15:33 PM
Gore wasn't needed. It is not gore that made the former films great. I do agree the clean chestburster was weird, it's a goof more than anything. The quick life cycle thing is just nitpicking. Never put any weight on it. Loved Celtic against Nethead, I personally thought it was a great fight.

No, it was needed. These films are never, ever shy about getting their hands dirty and sure as shit can't have a living organism explode out of someone's chest without blood going everywhere like in Alien.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2012, 09:57:26 PM
No, it was needed.
No, it wasn't. Alien would still be a masterpiece even if we couldn't see John Hurt's heart still beating whilst the Chestburster rises from his chest, Predator would still be a masterpiece if we couldn't see flesh and blood dripping from Billy's skull, and I challenge you to say otherwise.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2012, 09:57:26 PM
These films are never, ever shy about getting their hands dirty and sure as shit can't have a living organism explode out of someone's chest without blood going everywhere like in Alien.
This is the more-or-less fifth time I hear you using the term 'shy'.
What was Sebastian's chestburster was simply a goof. End sentence.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The blood adds dramatic effect. I'm not saying it needs to be like Quentin Tarantino where blood flies all over the walls but it's a nice addition. It doesn't make sense seeing all this violence happen and there isn't a generous amount of blood to go with it.

Nero the Jackal

They are basically horror films (well the first alien film at least), so some blood has to be there or it just ridicules. As for avp, Fox wanted to get more money by having a wider audience, so they needed to put the rating down.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2012, 11:13:22 PM
The blood adds dramatic effect.
Not always.
I'd rather have the PG-13 AvP we got than the R sequel... in the case of which gore actually affects how I view it.
Negatively.

I can perfectly do without blood, and I still stands that the lack of gore doesn't affect a film in any way.

It doesn't make sense seeing all this violence happen and there isn't a generous amount of blood to go with it.
It's Alien Vs. Predator, the focus are the creatures - and we do see a lot of creature violence. Aliens are shot at with unspecified energy projectiles, get their heads cut and stabbed in a spear, whilst Predators get stabbed through and get their brains splattered by Alien tongues. Even Anderson, in the commentary for the film, said that if they counted the Alien/Predator 'gore' the film would be a R. And he's right.

The gore in AvP happens really quickly. We get a guy stabbed through by wristblades, but we see it for a split-second. We see blood-stained Wristblades (complete with dripping blood), again in a split-second. Chestburstings quick and in the dark. Chestholes are seen in a split-second. A guy gets stabbed through and we see his blood dripping through the Predator spear - but it's dark.
This was all 'enhanced' in the Unrated cut, but do one or two drops of blood more really do the difference? Why is so much weight put into gore? I still do not understand, after the... what is it, uh, seventh time I come accross this subject?

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Jan 14, 2012, 11:20:39 PM
so some blood has to be there or it just ridicules.
How.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 11:24:26 PM
The blood adds dramatic effect.
Not always.
I'd rather have the PG-13 AvP we got than the R sequel... in the case of which gore actually affects how I view it.
Negatively.

I can perfectly do without blood, and I still stands that the lack of gore doesn't affect a film in any way.

It doesn't make sense seeing all this violence happen and there isn't a generous amount of blood to go with it.
It's Alien Vs. Predator, the focus are the creatures - and we do see a lot of creature violence. Aliens are shot at with unspecified energy projectiles, get their heads cut and stabbed in a spear, whilst Predators get stabbed through and get their brains splattered by Alien tongues. Even Anderson, in the commentary for the film, said that if they counted the Alien/Predator 'gore' the film would be a R. And he's right.

The gore in AvP happens really quickly. We get a guy stabbed through by wristblades, but we see it for a split-second. We see blood-stained Wristblades (complete with dripping blood), again in a split-second. Chestburstings quick and in the dark. Chestholes are seen in a split-second. A guy gets stabbed through and we see his blood dripping through the Predator spear - but it's dark.
This was all 'enhanced' in the Unrated cut, but do one or two drops of blood more really do the difference? Why is so much weight put into gore? I still do not understand, after the... what is it, uh, seventh time I come accross this subject?

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Jan 14, 2012, 11:20:39 PM
so some blood has to be there or it just ridicules.
How.
[/quote\
"how" you say? if someone got shot, they bleed and if they get stabbed with say..wrists blades and it went right through, then there will be more blood, most of the blades would be covered in it..

i don't care if there is no blood in a movie but if something violent happened and it would normally draw blood, then it is ridicules if there is no blood.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Jan 14, 2012, 11:34:21 PM
"how" you say? if someone got shot, they bleed and if they get stabbed with say..wrists blades and it went right through, then there will be more blood, most of the blades would be covered in it..
There is blood on the wristblades.
And they got pulled out rather quickly - so not too much blood makes sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed