AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 235,937 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Different strokes, different folks. 'Obviously bad' is subjective.
It is my opinion that you have to watch a film to judge whether you like it or not. Critics' opinion never had any weight on my interest for a film.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 06:48:42 PM
Different strokes, different folks. 'Obviously bad' is subjective.
It is my opinion that you have to watch a film to judge whether you like it or not. Critics' opinion never had any weight on my interest for a film.

but you must agree that the worst film of 9 films is AVP-R
AVP 2004 had potential but that too was disappointing.
some cross-overs should just stay in books until more experienced people can adapt to film right.

Snorkelbottom

I wonder, how many of the AVP and AVPR haters were begging for an AVP film before 2004.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Snorkelbottom on Jan 14, 2012, 06:57:27 PM
I wonder, how many of the AVP and AVPR haters were begging for an AVP film before 2004.

actually i wasn't fussed. i was intrigued but i never held my breath. and i don't outright hate the first one, its a bad film but it had potential.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Jan 14, 2012, 06:55:32 PM
I do agree with you, I don't like it.

I like it. Sure as hell not up here with any of the Alien and Predator films, but I do.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 07:02:07 PM
I do agree with you, I don't like it.

I like it. Sure as hell not up here with any of the Alien and Predator films, but I do.

exactly, what was missing from the first avp film was realistic gore (a chestburster comes out of someone looking very clean) character development, slower life cycle and better fights since the one between celtic and grid was like a cat fight mixed with bad wrestling, predators may be monster but they are supposed to have brains too which was lacking in that film. I mean if you were in a place where facehuggers and aliens were running rampant and you just suddenly awoke with little memory, wouldn't you be alarmed? and celtic was also forgetful of alien acid.

now had most of these been added, the film would have been quite decent.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Gore wasn't needed. It is not gore that made the former films great. I do agree the clean chestburster was weird, it's a goof more than anything. The quick life cycle thing is just nitpicking. Never put any weight on it. Loved Celtic against Nethead, I personally thought it was a great fight.

BobGrill

BobGrill

I agree that Alien 3 was really the downfall of the series, though I still like it. Ressurection just seemed like an excuse to make money. Again this is just my opinion. I personally find the movie to be very silly and unecessary.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 07:15:33 PM
Gore wasn't needed. It is not gore that made the former films great. I do agree the clean chestburster was weird, it's a goof more than anything. The quick life cycle thing is just nitpicking. Never put any weight on it. Loved Celtic against Nethead, I personally thought it was a great fight.

I'm gonna go with that right there. I thought the fight between Celtic and Grid to be very badass.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BobGrill on Jan 14, 2012, 07:20:17 PM
I agree that Alien 3 was really the downfall of the series, though I still like it. Ressurection just seemed like an excuse to make money.
Alien3 itself was made 'just for the money'. :P

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 14, 2012, 07:21:11 PM
I'm gonna go with that right there. I thought the fight between Celtic and Grid to be very badass.
Glad someone agrees. That fight singlehandledly owns every single one we've seen in the sequel.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2012, 07:15:33 PM

its not nitpicking because aliens are supposed to grow in hours or half a day not minutes. so something growing in hours is "meh ok its an alien and its sci/f"i but something growing in 10 mins is WTF. Celtic vs nethead or grid is only bad in my opinion because the lack of techniques in the predator's fighting style, i know they are unblooded but they should know combat techniques (they can't be that primitive) the fighting from the alien is to be expected since they are not sentient. What i really don't like about the fight the most is the stupidity of the celtic, he knows acid burns through their basic equipment but he took his time walking to the alien and getting his dagger out. well overconfidence is the weakness of most predators. as for the gore, i don't think it was need, i just meant realistic gore as in what would really happen if something burst out of your chest or you got impaled etc etc

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Jan 14, 2012, 07:23:44 PM
its not nitpicking because aliens are supposed to grow in hours or half a day not minutes.
Yes it is, because it is so incredibly irrelevant to the actual quality of the film.
Not to mention we're clearly not dealing with the LV-426 Aliens.

Celtic vs nethead or grid is only bad in my opinion because the lack of techniques in the predator's fighting style,
They are hunters, not professional fighters. That and Celtic held his ground rather greatly, considering he had the disadvantage (lacking the shoulder caster and all).

i know they are unblooded
Not known.

What i really don't like about the fight the most is the stupidity of the celtic, he knows acid burns through their basic equipment but he took his time walking to the alien and getting his dagger out.
Not anywhere near worse than the two original Predators, who got their asses handed to them properly because of the same reason. Hubris.

i just meant realistic gore as in what would really happen if something burst out of your chest or you got impaled etc etc
It was just a goof for a sequence. I don't see how it holds any relevance to the quality of the film. If we judged films by goofs, there'd be some pretty funny ratings out there.

Nero the Jackal

i was using the chestburster as an example, all the wounds sustained in film are near bloodless unless its predator or alien blood, speaking of goofs, did you notice celtic has a magic mask?  :laugh: when grid kills celtic, the headbite hole is no where to be seen on the mask.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The film had little blood, in a lot of cases because the sequence is quick (like the camouflaged Predator wristblades, that was a great shot).
Yeah I did notice that goof. Not worse than the magically changing blood on Clemens' clothes or on Kane's shirt.

Nero the Jackal

they did quick close ups as well, so you don't see too much, like when adele dies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed