AvP Omnibus Volume 2

Started by Darkness, May 14, 2007, 10:51:41 AM

Author
AvP Omnibus Volume 2 (Read 16,106 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Mankind's most lethal adversaries battle for supremacy, and whoever wins--we lose. In a skyliner high above the Alien-contaminated earth, Caryn Delacroix can't sleep. Terrifying images of pursuit, disfigurement, and bloody death have invaded her peaceful dreams in her safe and privileged world. But they're only nightmares . . . or are they? The beautiful trophy-consort of corporate magnate Lucien Delacroix soon discovers that nightmares do come true and there are fates worse than death-when a Predator comes to call.

Featuring the smash-hit AVP epic Deadliest of the Species, written by Chris Claremont, plus other exciting AVP tales by a host of top comics creators.

* Super value package-over 400 story pages!

* The AVP2 film is slated for Christmas 2007 release.

Publication Date: Oct 17, 2007

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-815

SiL

SiL

I'm just going to say this: Avoid Deadliest of the Species at all costs. It's just not worth it. Of the omnibus' 400 pages, almost 300 of those will be dedicated to a story which makes Anderson's Alien vs. Predator movie look like f**king Alien.

You have been warned.

The Ultimate Predator

I agree.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wonder what the other comics are...

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2007, 11:16:26 AM
I'm just going to say this: Avoid Deadliest of the Species at all costs. It's just not worth it. Of the omnibus' 400 pages, almost 300 of those will be dedicated to a story which makes Anderson's Alien vs. Predator movie look like f**king Alien.

You have been warned.

It was 300 pages long?

fluxcap

fluxcap

DOS ran for 12 issues, I grabbed my only issue of DOS, at 28 pages of illustration, the second omnibus will be dedicated to 336 pages of crap.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

i thought DOTS actually had a interesting, different story... :'(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Alot of people did.  I have the 12 issues and alot of people liked the more classic superhero feel that story had.

I wasn't one of them, but you werent alone Spaghetti.

I imagine Booty will be one of the stories, with some DHP shorts, and perhaps the other two stories collected in AvP annual.

SiL

SiL

It did have a different story, but it was a Pred fan's wet dream, almost entirely devoted to that character, rather than the Aliens, which were royally ass-raped.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yes.

And the fact that the aliens were basically replaced by robotic clones of them in the later issues didn't help anything.

SiL

SiL

First it was robotic clones, then it was messed-up human-alien-Predator hybrids (note the lack of 'A' on the aliens) with eyes that talked and used guns.

Gotta say, Claremont's a genius. He presents us with such an awesome idea - A 12-issue maxi series riding off the success of the first comic - then draws us along, hinting at something better, but ultimately shits on a plate and asks us to like it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Indeed.

He lost me when he started having the pred train the humans in hand to hand combat.  Then there was no coming back after the talking predhumaliens made an appearance.

SiL

SiL

He lost me first at the 'Queen of Queens', then the girl turning gold, then the Queen of Queens teaming up with people, then the Pred training people, then the humanpredaliens.

SM

SM

Took me until the second or third reading to realise that Golden Girl was covered in special resin by the Queen to protect her.  For extended periods in space no less...

And that was only because I read the 'What has gone before' at the start of the issue.  I don't remember it actually being mentioned in the body of the comic.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on May 15, 2007, 01:22:05 AM
He lost me first at the 'Queen of Queens', then the girl turning gold, then the Queen of Queens teaming up with people, then the Pred training people, then the humanpredaliens.

I couldn't remember the sequence of events.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Do i have to read the first volume to understand the second one?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed