AvP Omnibus Volume 2

Started by Darkness, May 14, 2007, 10:51:41 AM

Author
AvP Omnibus Volume 2 (Read 16,096 times)

happypred

happypred

Wow awesome...

Thanks a lot mate  ;D

hey would you happen to know if the synopsis below (under Merchandise>Literature>Graphic Novels) refers to the original AvP comic featuring Machiko's first encounter with Aliens and Predators on Ryushi? I'm just curious because the synopsis sounds like a summary of the orginal AvP comic except it doesn't mention any humans. If the synopsis is referring to another entirely different AvP comic, then it'll be an AvP comic i've never heard about.

Title: Aliens vs Predator (Trade Paperback)
Written By: Randy Stradley
Artwork By: Phill Norwood, Karl Story, Pat Brosseau
Publication Date: Dec 01, 1991
Description: When the race of Predators tire of hunting easy prey, they capture an Alien Queen and force her to produce enough eggs to turn an abandoned planet into a controlled-population Alien game preserve. However, another Alien Queen accidentally winds up on the planet and a group of Predators finds themselves turned from hunter to hunted in the midst of a planet fully inhabited by Aliens! It's a non-stop, fast-paced thriller!

SM

SM

That's the original Aliens vs. Predator comic, which was simply titled 'Aliens vs. Predator'.  Yes, the one with Machiko.

Corporal Hicks

Predator Cold War

Predator Cold War

the AvP comic is great, to bad i keep getting a http 403 error when i try to access the darkhorse website :'(

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2007, 09:07:16 PM
It did have a different story, but it was a Pred fan's wet dream, almost entirely devoted to that character, rather than the Aliens, which were royally ass-raped.

Dude I like predators more than aliens (although I like both) and I hated it!

SiL

SiL

And it was even geared towards you!

More proof of how much of a failure the comic was.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Just wondering if anyone has AVP Omnibus Vol 2. I see it in stock at Amazon, but none of my Barnes and Noble stores have it. I bought Vol 1. at a Barnes and Noble.

Does Vol 2. just have Deadliest of Species?

JediMasterConor

JediMasterConor

i've been trying to find this along with the Predator and Alien Omnibus volumes. however none of the barnes and noble or borders stores seem to have them. i think the local comic store might have them here in Carbondale where I'm at college. seeing as I picked up AvP Volume 1 at a comic store back home. so i'm going to try wednesday when i pick up my weekly order of comics

echobbase79

echobbase79

i bought it. and there's some other stories in there. Booty, hell-bent,pursuit, lefty's revenge, chained to life and death, and xenogenesis.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Xenogenesis already! What the hell are they thinking?

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Cool. Thanks for replying, everyone. I'll get it one of these days.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

I think I might get these and volume 1 for christmas maybe. Looks like a good way to catch up on all the AVP comics.

echobbase79

echobbase79

This story is just bizarre! I don't know what to expect. All I know is that I'm sick of the name Ash Parnell...or whatever.

The art is amazing but the story by Chris Claremont is just...well boring right now. I will say I do like the character of Toy.

I'm on issue four so nine more to go.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 07, 2007, 06:33:26 PM

This story is just bizarre! I don't know what to expect. All I know is that I'm sick of the name Ash Parnell...or whatever.

The art is amazing but the story by Chris Claremont is just...well boring right now. I will say I do like the character of Toy.

I'm on issue four so nine more to go.

I bought a few of the Deadliest of Species issues, when they were originally released, but I have to say that I didn't like the story and the artwork and didn't bother collecting the rest.

With that said, I will still get Vol. 2, because there are other stories/artwork, other than DoS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed