AvP Omnibus Volume 2

Started by Darkness, May 14, 2007, 10:51:41 AM

Author
AvP Omnibus Volume 2 (Read 16,104 times)

SM

SM

Not really.

Most of the stories are self contained.  Aliens vs. Predator makes no reference to the Alien invasion of Earth so must take place around the same time.  DOTS vaguely references the invasion.  AvP, Duel and War are all connected.  Berserker is a prequel to War, but it's Aliens only - no Predators (and therefore not in this volume I believe).  wouldn't make a great deal of difference though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 15, 2007, 06:04:45 AM
Do i have to read the first volume to understand the second one?

I'd definately get the first one if you could though.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I will go to the first comic book store that is near me...which is no where. BUt i will buy it.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2007, 09:07:16 PM
It did have a different story, but it was a Pred fan's wet dream, almost entirely devoted to that character, rather than the Aliens, which were royally ass-raped.
Quote from: SiL on May 15, 2007, 01:07:09 AM
First it was robotic clones, then it was messed-up human-alien-Predator hybrids (note the lack of 'A' on the aliens) with eyes that talked and used guns.

Gotta say, Claremont's a genius. He presents us with such an awesome idea - A 12-issue maxi series riding off the success of the first comic - then draws us along, hinting at something better, but ultimately shits on a plate and asks us to like it.
Quote from: SiL on May 15, 2007, 01:22:05 AM
He lost me first at the 'Queen of Queens', then the girl turning gold, then the Queen of Queens teaming up with people, then the Pred training people, then the humanpredaliens.

Ooh, I'm liking this more and more XD.  Seems like it's worth giving a shot.

SiL

SiL

SM

SM

Even Predator fans got pissed about DOTS having a female because of some fictitious law that females don't hunt.

Not that all Predator fans are misogynistic twats...

SiL

SiL

And that she didn't have boobies.

SM

SM

Well yeah - if your going to have a female Predator she has to have 46 GG funbags.

At the very least...

SiL

SiL

Her measurements should be 140, 20, 110. And should be designed by the dude ho did Aeon Flux.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I remember some fanboys wanted to so humanize the predators that they said pred females had HUMAN faces........

And it wasn't just one dude.  There were several that mentioned that over at BCT (which has been reinstated for AvP2 I suppose).  Unless it was one guy reregistering under different nics over and over through the course of my four year career there.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteUnless it was one guy reregistering under different nics over and over through the course of my four year career there.

Very, very possible from my experience.

jacorama

jacorama

this one also looks ok i guess :D

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2007, 11:47:01 PM
Even Predator fans got pissed about DOTS having a female because of some fictitious law that females don't hunt.

Not that all Predator fans are misogynistic twats...

Hardly misogynist, just the culture that the fans preferred to believe in, and had in some ways, already been set up.

happypred

happypred

Hey guys I was ecstatic to stumble upon this website...and imagine the joy i felt when i discovered that darkhorse had just released an AvP omnibus and volume two was in the works

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

A cast that vaguely resembles the lot from Alien Res lands on a planet used as a lure by some genetically altered madman for predators.  The lure is Aliens.  The predators arrive.  The humans are caught in the middle.

SPOILERS

The maniac designer of the web is hinted to be the boy that survived the predator attacks on Ryushi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed