AvPR Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2007, 07:52:02 PM

Author
AvPR Fan Reviews (Read 206,620 times)

SM

SM

QuoteSo w/e, sue me for enjoying it.

I'm joining with Craig for a class action.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2008, 11:33:43 PM
QuoteSo w/e, sue me for enjoying it.

I'm joining with Craig for a class action.

Oh please, you haven't even seen the whole thing :P

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 22, 2008, 11:58:44 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 22, 2008, 01:42:21 PM
^ I'm with you. I can enjoy the film for what it is: a good time and something to watch when you just want to have fun. In my eyes it's better than AvP, A:R, and is on par with Predator 2. So w/e, sue me for enjoying it.

Well you could look at it like this, AVP-R is good for 5 things...

1) Collect dust.
2) Evidence of film-making crimes against humanity.
3) Self torture/Masochism.
4) Eye Examination.
5) http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/acidblood666/AVP-Returnthefavor.jpg

Ya, you oughta know since the film
Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 15, 2008, 04:14:35 AMnuked my soul
as you said.

SM

SM

QuoteOh please, you haven't even seen the whole thing

And doesn't it just burn you up inside.  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You know, going back through the early pages of this thread and reading what the haters now, said back then, especially gameoverman and PHANTOM, say now, really shows just how much a person's opinion can change...pretty amusing actually.

The impression I get is that people were pleased with the theatrical version of the film, but the DVD/Blu-Ray, not so much.

SM

SM

My opinion of some films has changed over time - but I don't think I've ever gone from liking to hating a film (or vice versa).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've done it on occasion. I used to HATE 'Alien Resurrection', and now I don't like it much. Likewise, before I started posting on the Internet about AvP stuff, I used to love 'Alien' the most in the series, but since then my opinion has dipped down substantially. I don't "hate" it, not in the slightest, but it's definitely my least favorite out of the four, as opposed to when it used to be my favorite. I used to be lukewarm towards 'Alien3', but it has since become my favorite of the four.

There are a few other unrelated movies that I used to like (or not like) and my opinion changed pretty heavily after subsequent viewings. Most recently is probably 'Saw IV' -- I really didn't enjoy it on the first viewing, but after I watched it again I "got" it and liked it a lot more.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

My opinion on AvP:R only dipped slightly when the DVD came out. It went from "Good" after seeing the theatrical version to "Ok" after seeing the extended DVD cut. I like the extra little bits of dialogue some characters had, and what little extra action there was, was nice. But the added gore was so dumb, putting it bluntly >_<

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I used to love AVP-R, and I still do, but not in the same way. It's really just a movie I have fun watching.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed