Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,740 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Apr 14, 2010, 01:30:16 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 10:47:11 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 10:27:22 AM
As in, her being there is incidental to the hive being there, outside of laying eggs.

Basically -- the Aliens aren't building a hive around her, they're building a hive around the eggs. Whether she's there or not doesn't factor into it.
Why not? No Queen = no eggs. She's the hub of the Hive. They also bring Ripley to her. When she awakes, the Xenos aren't pouring over her. Whether or not she's coccooned, I can't remember - I don't have a copy of this movie.

Ripley isn't in AvP. The Hive in AvP is where the eggs are -- hell, the Queen is all alone for most of the movie. With no Hive.
We were talking A:R in conjunction with AVP. I know Ripley wasn't in AVP  ;D No clue what the Queen is upto for the latter half of AVP. She's just about, weak script.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteNo clue what the Queen is upto for the latter half of AVP

umm yeah she was sort of stuck in her special queen shackles.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Apr 14, 2010, 02:04:46 PM

She was released at some point by Grid and co.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 02:06:06 PM

And then subsequently chased after Scar & that woman after they blew up her pyramid. The unshackling and giant explosion were only minutes apart.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 02:06:06 PM

what hive tyrant said

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Apr 14, 2010, 02:06:57 PMAnd then subsequently chased after Scar & that woman after they blew up her pyramid. The unshackling and giant explosion were only minutes apart.
I haven't seen the movie in a while. I don't think AVP is a crowning example of Hive behaviour anyway, using it to retroactively explain Alien/Aliens don't sit well in my head. Ridley Scott/James Cameron > Paul Anderson.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 10:47:11 AM
Why not? No Queen = no eggs. She's the hub of the Hive.
But were there a situation where the eggs and the Queen were separate - like AvP - the hive would be around the eggs, not the Queen.

QuoteWhether or not she's coccooned, I can't remember - I don't have a copy of this movie.
She's not cocooned, there are no Aliens in the hive. They've all abandoned the Queen.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 11:01:04 PM
She's not cocooned, there are no Aliens in the hive. They've all abandoned the Queen.
...Only after they have brought Ripley too her. So she must of somehow told the Aliens to do it.

SiL

SiL

Or they took Ripley to the hive cos that's where they took everyone else, realised there were no eggs, and f**ked off.

SM

SM

Quote...Only after they have brought Ripley too her. So she must of somehow told the Aliens to do it.

???

They bought Ripley to the hive because that's where they brought the other hosts.  For whatever reason - her genetic link to the Aliens I guess - they didn't coccoon her.  There were only two other Aliens on board at this point.  Both of them are involved in Ripley's abduction, and after this they must've gone looking for more hosts.

There's no evidence of the Queen giving out decrees or anything people seem to like to ascribe to her.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 11:11:31 PM
Or they took Ripley to the hive cos that's where they took everyone else, realised there were no eggs, and f**ked off.

Hm, I doubt that. They seemed pretty gentle with the way they were carrying her; not their usual aggressive manner with other people.

SM

SM

We've never seen anyone carried to a hive.  The way they carried Ripley could be the norm.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Or the whole movie just stinks to high-heaven ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2010, 11:51:36 PM
We've never seen anyone carried to a hive.  The way they carried Ripley could be the norm.

I doubt that as well. Ripley looked pretty well at home in the alien's arms. I'm guessing someone else would be kicking and screaming.

SM

SM

They way they carried her has nothing to do with whether a host goes quietly or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed