654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,749 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 07:48:52 AM
In Resurrection they seemed pretty well tuned into the Queen
...based on what? We literally never see Aliens interact with the Queen in that movie, only the Newborn.

QuoteIn AVP they rushed to the Queen pretty quick to free her, though they were less organised than they were in Aliens, or any other Alien movie. Then again, AVP ... meh :P
They didn't even know she was there until she screamed; they operated just fine before that. They managed to all get together even though the pyramid was shifting all on their lonesomes, and attacked Scar and Lex just like they did in Aliens - from hidden areas in the roof and swarming. Less organised? Not really.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 08:43:52 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 07:48:52 AM
In Resurrection they seemed pretty well tuned into the Queen
...based on what? We literally never see Aliens interact with the Queen in that movie, only the Newborn.
They construct a hive pretty well and take Ripley to the Queen. They also coccoon hosts.
QuoteIn AVP they rushed to the Queen pretty quick to free her, though they were less organised than they were in Aliens, or any other Alien movie. Then again, AVP ... meh :P
They didn't even know she was there until she screamed; they operated just fine before that. They managed to all get together even though the pyramid was shifting all on their lonesomes, and attacked Scar and Lex just like they did in Aliens - from hidden areas in the roof and swarming. Less organised? Not really.[/quote]
You may have a point there, but I can't say that the Aliens in AVP proved anymore ingenious than those in Aliens. Predator targets were never swarmed ala Operations in Aliens, the Xenos seeming to prefer one-on-one combat. Sure, Grid held his own, but what were the other Aliens doing? Sitting back and watching?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 09:17:16 AM
They construct a hive pretty well and take Ripley to the Queen. They also coccoon hosts.
Okay, and? That means they're 'in-tune' with the Queen how?

QuoteYou may have a point there, but I can't say that the Aliens in AVP proved anymore ingenious than those in Aliens.
And yet no less, which is my point.

QuotePredator targets were never swarmed ala Operations in Aliens,
Scar was.

QuoteSure, Grid held his own, but what were the other Aliens doing? Sitting back and watching?
The whole pyramid rearranging thing ... ? :P

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 09:24:58 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 09:17:16 AM
Okay, and? That means they're 'in-tune' with the Queen how?
They're certainly being subservient to her.

QuoteAnd yet no less, which is my point.
Scar was.
The whole pyramid rearranging thing ... ? :P
I'll have to give you these because I've seen AVP once in three years :P

We'll agree on something, one day :P

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 09:28:10 AM
They're certainly being subservient to her.
... in Alien Resurrection?

This is literally never shown. At all. In the slightest. Throughout the whole movie.

So they make a hive. So did the one in Alien. So did the Aliens in AvP, and they had to do that before they freed the Queen/knew she was there. So they cocoon hosts - What's that got to do with being subservient to the Queen?

QuoteWe'll agree on something, one day :P
Where's the fun in that :P

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Further to the point of the thread:

Aliens rule, Predators drool.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

(Aliens also drool)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 09:36:43 AM... in Alien Resurrection?

This is literally never shown. At all. In the slightest. Throughout the whole movie.

So they make a hive. So did the one in Alien. So did the Aliens in AvP, and they had to do that before they freed the Queen/knew she was there. So they cocoon hosts - What's that got to do with being subservient to the Queen?
They made a nest around her, this is seen, they also coccoon hosts around her and not randomly through the ship. Bearing in mind, A:R does have its head-scratchers - like the egg trap above the flooded area: who the hell put the eggs there and why? The Xenos expected someone to poke through the flooded area? The Queen in A:R also has two reproductive methods - human birth and egg laying.  ??? (I haven't seen A:R in years).

QuoteWhere's the fun in that :P
My post count will be lower but my fingers will be grateful for the rest :P

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 09:50:26 AM
They made a nest around her, this is seen, they also coccoon hosts around her and not randomly through the ship.
AvP shows they build hives around wherever the bulk of the eggs are (as housing, maybe, to allude to our other discussion). Which would, naturally, be around the Queen. She seems fairly incidental.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 09:50:26 AM
They made a nest around her, this is seen, they also coccoon hosts around her and not randomly through the ship.
AvP shows they build hives around wherever the bulk of the eggs are (as housing, maybe, to allude to our other discussion). Which would, naturally, be around the Queen. She seems fairly incidental.
I dunno; she seems to be laying those eggs. (NO egg morphing!!) :P

SiL

SiL

As in, her being there is incidental to the hive being there, outside of laying eggs.

Basically -- the Aliens aren't building a hive around her, they're building a hive around the eggs. Whether she's there or not doesn't factor into it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 10:27:22 AM
As in, her being there is incidental to the hive being there, outside of laying eggs.

Basically -- the Aliens aren't building a hive around her, they're building a hive around the eggs. Whether she's there or not doesn't factor into it.
Why not? No Queen = no eggs. She's the hub of the Hive. They also bring Ripley to her. When she awakes, the Xenos aren't pouring over her. Whether or not she's coccooned, I can't remember - I don't have a copy of this movie.

Derrad

Derrad

true i think the was afraid she would roost the queen AND the eggs but then one of the eggs open and Ripley makes an omelet out of it and some other eggs and then the aliens start coming

some time sens i have seen the film

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Derrad on Apr 14, 2010, 01:01:58 PM
one of the eggs open and Ripley makes an omelet out of it
This made my day. :D :D :D

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 14, 2010, 10:47:11 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 10:27:22 AM

Why not? No Queen = no eggs. She's the hub of the Hive. They also bring Ripley to her. When she awakes, the Xenos aren't pouring over her. Whether or not she's coccooned, I can't remember - I don't have a copy of this movie.

Ripley isn't in AvP. The Hive in AvP is where the eggs are -- hell, the Queen is all alone for most of the movie. With no Hive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed