660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 473,613 times)

SiL

SiL

They're usually unconscious for some reason.

SM

SM

Which is interesting in and of itself.  I can imagine someone like Newt fainting from fright, but not Hudson.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2010, 10:23:04 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Apr 13, 2010, 02:31:57 PM
He posed more of a threat like that.
No, he didn't.

Arnie was physically incapable of hurting the Predator. Giving Arnie a chance would be stripping himself of weapons and giving Arnie a shotgun.

'Arnie was physically incapable of hurting the Predator'?
I'd say that after watching a fight where both fighters had the real intention to kill/hurt their opponent in the fight itself. A human can't match a predator physichally, but the fight's not over at that point.
None of the fighters knew what the outcome would be. That's what matters.
That fact we know the gap between their strenght doesn't change a thing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If we're talking about a fist fight, the human won't stand a chance. That's why Harrigan almost lost.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

They don't stand much of a chance, maybe even with weapons in close combat. though still they can defeat the hunters in some way, maybe unknown to the pred. If that would occur, the tables could be turned with a shot from the pc. This chance gets dropped as the pred detaches his weapon. And again, I don't think At knew what exactly he was dealing with. First he was trying to find out, and when he saw he 'won' got cocky. And he died.
Of course I'm not saying a human would defeat a pred in hand to hand combat. Only the 'Chuck'.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 11:11:31 PM
Or they took Ripley to the hive cos that's where they took everyone else, realised there were no eggs, and f**ked off.
Explain the lack of cocooning then?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dna Chaining. Kinda.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They didn't want to stick their grandmother to the wall.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah.
How in the world would you stick to the wall a grandma like Sigourney -fookin- Weaver? :P

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 16, 2010, 05:51:00 PM
Dna Chaining. Kinda.
Then why did they stick those Scientists to the wall? Hmm?
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 16, 2010, 06:05:08 PM
They didn't want to stick their grandmother to the wall.
No, but they still brought her non the less to the Queen, and the Facehugger still tryed to grab her. That kinky little bastard.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 16, 2010, 05:31:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 11:11:31 PM
Or they took Ripley to the hive cos that's where they took everyone else, realised there were no eggs, and f**ked off.
Explain the lack of cocooning then?
Quoterealised there were no eggs, and f**ked off.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Alien: "I'll just take this dude to mah lair"
Alien: "Where's mah eggs?" *f**ks off*
Marine: Ah!!!! *kills the Queen and all the eggs*

Basically, why would the ultimate organism let it's prey run free in it's hive? Wasn't that the whole purpose of introducing cocooning in Aliens?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 16, 2010, 08:04:59 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 16, 2010, 05:51:00 PM
Dna Chaining. Kinda.
Then why did they stick those Scientists to the wall? Hmm?
They weren't "DNA chained" with the scientists, just with Ripley.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Oh, I thought you meant that they no longer stick people to walls because their DNA has been changed.

Though, I still don't think it makes sense that they would bring her to the hive just because she has their DNA, because they don't bring any Drones to the hive.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Drones come here because they know where the hive is and there's no need to "bring" them.
Ripley on the other hand doesn't know where the hive is, and the Alien thought it would be nice.
"see Grandma? that's our housie!!! Do ya lkiez it? :)"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed