660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,459 times)

SM

SM

Quite.  The original got by just fine without thei "hive mind" thing.  As did the Fiorina creature.  And the Resurrection creatures.  And AvP if one wants to count that.

SiL

SiL

Although as I said earlier in the thread, the Fiorina creature did suffer 'Boring Alien syndrome'.

SM

SM

Maybe so, but a hive mind it wasn't.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2010, 11:40:23 PM
Although as I said earlier in the thread, the Fiorina creature did suffer 'Boring Alien syndrome'.

Although it might be considered a good example of Alien individuality. Not all Aliens absolutely must be slow and considered (even if that's quite menacing). Where Kane's Son was curious to a degree, Spike just didn't give a shit.

SiL

SiL

Either way I found it incredibly boring to watch.

SM

SM

Not even Rains death?

SiL

SiL

It looks up and has blood on its mouth and bares its teeth.

Whee?

I liked how Fincher filmed it attacking people, but that was about it.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2010, 02:37:13 AM
It looks up and has blood on its mouth and bares its teeth.

HOLY f**k THAT WAS COOL

Fix'd.

SM

SM

No Rains, not Boggs.

The whole blowing out the candles, knocking over the barrels, pool of slime, pathetic "Help me!" while the Alien is doing unspeakable things to him just off screen.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2010, 02:39:46 AM
The whole blowing out the candles, knocking over the barrels, pool of slime, pathetic "Help me!" while the Alien is doing unspeakable things to him just off screen.
Oh, that was cool.

But that was about the last decent thing it did until the very end in the mold.

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 14, 2010, 02:39:10 AM
Fix'd.
No. No, you didn't.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

'Cept I did.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I wish the characters had actually been memorable in that. Are all of their names even given during the film?

SiL

SiL

Not so much, no.

SM

SM

I think all the secondary characters are referred to by name at some point.  Only one off hand I can think of who isn't is William.  And Eric's name check in the Workprint is iffy.  And I think Troy only gets named properly in the WP and Assembly.  Okay maybe not "all" then.

But there's less than secondary characters who aren't named nor credited (other than being stunties).

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2010, 11:34:56 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 13, 2010, 11:13:05 PM
I think that was the point though, they're not autonomous creatures, they're a hive mind.
Yes. And I find that bullshit :P
Fair enough :P
Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2010, 11:36:39 PM
Quite.  The original got by just fine without thei "hive mind" thing.  As did the Fiorina creature.  And the Resurrection creatures.  And AvP if one wants to count that.
Well, in Alien and Alien3, there was only one creature. In Resurrection they seemed pretty well tuned into the Queen, and willing to even kill their own in order to escape. In AVP they rushed to the Queen pretty quick to free her, though they were less organised than they were in Aliens, or any other Alien movie. Then again, AVP ... meh :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed