Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 8,696 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 21, 2024, 11:06:21 PMI'd be very pleased if eggmorphing was included 😃👍

If they do it, I want it to count for something.  If they do it right, it could explain some lingering questions about what happened off-screen in Aliens.

Scott Conover

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 03:02:07 AMLike, Aliens Aliens? Man that's rad, I love that movie.

Never watched, don't know. Is it any good?

SiL

Quote from: Scott Conover on May 24, 2024, 06:31:23 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 03:02:07 AMLike, Aliens Aliens? Man that's rad, I love that movie.

Never watched, don't know. Is it any good?
It's pretty neat!

BigDaddyJohn

I heard it's nearly as good as Alien 3.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 24, 2024, 08:54:27 AMI heard it's nearly as good as Alien 3.

Can 100% confirm this to be the case... it's nearly as good, except it relies too heavily on 'Alien' memberberries... :D

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 24, 2024, 03:50:04 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 21, 2024, 11:06:21 PMI'd be very pleased if eggmorphing was included 😃👍

If they do it, I want it to count for something.  If they do it right, it could explain some lingering questions about what happened off-screen in Aliens.

Pfft we've been over this. David put the egg there, obviously.

Which means Elephant Man put it there, so that's a win for you as well!

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 24, 2024, 01:26:16 PM

I mean the sequence of events that led to the colony being infested, not the egg on Sulaco.

kwisatz

It's an elephant-and-egg situation!?

Scott Conover

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 24, 2024, 01:27:23 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 24, 2024, 01:26:16 PM

I mean the sequence of events that led to the colony being infested, not the egg on Sulaco.

Are there any lingering questions with that? Seems pretty cut and dry

Local Trouble

Quote from: Scott Conover on May 27, 2024, 05:45:34 AMAre there any lingering questions with that? Seems pretty cut and dry

Since I assume Russ Jorden got impregnated with a soldier, we still don't know where the queen came from. 

I never bought Cameron's explanation that the other colonists went into the derelict after seeing what happened to Russ, so I'd prefer to think that whatever popped out of him captured and eggmorphed at least one other colonist back at Hadley's to produce a queen egg.

Romulus could show us something like that happening, but maybe without spoiling the reveal of an adult queen prior to Aliens.

SiL

It made more sense in the treatment when Anne had to leave him in the derelict, so when they went to rescue him they had to go inside.

Given how later films show the huggers being a bit more exploratory, maybe some followed Anne out.

Local Trouble

Either way, I'd like to think that the infestation wasn't the result of blind luck on the aliens' part simply because one of the colonists found the golden ticket of a queen facehugger in the derelict.

It would have still been horrifying if there were a half-dozen or so Big Chaps running around with no way to reproduce, but at least some of the colonists may have been able to hold out until the marines arrived.

The Cruentus

While stupid, it won't surprise me if someone did go to derelict to see what happened and/or to secure the  threat but got hugged instead.

However, I agree it is better if a Queen was born from Russ and so the infestation would start from within. The other option is that if it was a drone, then maybe it went to the derelict to fetch eggs, though that is a long way to go.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed