Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,020 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 17, 2024, 04:37:41 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 17, 2024, 10:07:00 AMhttps://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1769136562808201364

They certainly haven't shared them all. But between Mr H and all the other info that came out, I really can't think of anything that's not been spoiled yet. So if you read them all, don't expect anything completely different unless they did reshoots to change things drastically, instead of little pick ups here and there.

Studio has been made aware of the leaks as well. Not sure if we'll see any action taken, but marketing may take a shift. Leaks like this really throw shit off behind the scenes for marketing departments. Saw it happen in real time a few instances when I was on the marketing team at Bandai.

As someone that knows a lot more than I had hoped to know prior to release (I'm not sure if I know everything that's floating around out there, but I definitely know a lot of it), I am curious to see what gets revealed in the trailers. There's at least one element from all of the leaks that I'd imagine would probably make good trailer fodder - but I also have no idea what the marketing campaign is/was going to look like or how it was going to allude to what's now out there.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Mar 17, 2024, 01:27:25 PMAlien3 is always green to me because the branding was always green.

That's Resurrection for me

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I managed to not spoil myself
Spoiler
what the new creature is, what it looks like, how it comes to existence (if they even revealed that ?) etc
[close]
and I'm glad I did.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I'm surprised they even test movies of this nature. Given how long lived the Alien franchise is what is it they possibly need to know?

Why take the risk?

DaveT937

DaveT937

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 17, 2024, 05:43:33 PMI'm surprised they even test movies of this nature. Given how long lived the Alien franchise is what is it they possibly need to know?

Why take the risk?
Ridiculous really.

I've managed to stay clear of the leaks, just about hanging in this thread.

I'm worried they'll show more now in the trailers based on what's now out there. Maybe I'll avoid them too, but it's hard; part of the fun is being in and around the fandom and joining in in the build up - that was certainly the best bits of Prometheus and Covenant for me - the films themselves were most certainly not.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 17, 2024, 04:37:41 PMStudio has been made aware of the leaks as well. Not sure if we'll see any action taken, but marketing may take a shift. Leaks like this really throw shit off behind the scenes for marketing departments. Saw it happen in real time a few instances when I was on the marketing team at Bandai.

I really wonder what those conversations in the studio must have been like with these leaks.

Maybe a few months down the line, Fede alvarez directly calls out the leaks and Mr. H specifically and then we will see him try to justify himself for how much he cares and is trying to help a franchise, instead of simply admiting that he wanted the first scoop out of concern for his channel, that would atleast be a little more understandable, even though it's still scummy.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Mr H's rationale for why leaks will help this movie is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I have heard in a long long time.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 17, 2024, 06:49:21 PMMr H's rationale for why leaks will help this movie is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I have heard in a long long time.
Apparently the Monsterverse also needed help in regards to leaking the story and major plot points, because that franchise was clearly in the need of an audience boost...

And i say this with sarcasm as someone that only liked Godzilla (2014) and Monarch TV Series and hated King of the Monsters and Godzilla V Kong, because i understand that even though i don't like the more recent goofy movies, i understand that it has found its place and audience in order to be a sustainabble franchise.

I would atleast respect the honesty if he admitted doing it for the quick first scoop, but that justification was just laughable.

Also, the argument that people only get spoiled if they watch the video is just as equally ridiculous, because once those spoiler videos are out, then you can't stop or control where those spoilers will show up next, since the Pandora's box has already been opened.

At the end of the day, i don't mind spoilers (on my own terms), because i value the execution a lot, but i understand that others do mind those spoilers, so seeing Mr H say that shit was ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1769438556546797694

I'm willing to bet that this piece of dialogue is the beginning of the trailer.

It's coming, guys and gals.

Nightmare Asylum

You know, I've been speculating that the trailer might initially attach to The First Omen due to the Disney/20th Century Studios connection there, but trailers don't necessarily always debut with movies from the same studio.

If the "before March is over" rumors hold true, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire would certainly be a big one to get a lot of eyes on it...

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 17, 2024, 06:55:59 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 17, 2024, 06:49:21 PMMr H's rationale for why leaks will help this movie is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I have heard in a long long time.
Apparently the Monsterverse also needed help in regards to leaking the story and major plot points, because that franchise was clearly in the need of an audience boost...

And i say this with sarcasm as someone that only liked Godzilla (2014) and Monarch TV Series and hated King of the Monsters and Godzilla V Kong, because i understand that even though i don't like the more recent goofy movies, i understand that it has found its place and audience in order to be a sustainabble franchise.

I would atleast respect the honesty if he admitted doing it for the quick first scoop, but that justification was just laughable.

Also, the argument that people only get spoiled if they watch the video is just as equally ridiculous, because once those spoiler videos are out, then you can't stop or control where those spoilers will show up next, since the Pandora's box has already been opened.

At the end of the day, i don't mind spoilers (on my own terms), because i value the execution a lot, but i understand that others do mind those spoilers, so seeing Mr H say that shit was ridiculous.

It's coming,I hope this week because the anxiety it's killing me 😨

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 17, 2024, 08:37:50 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 17, 2024, 06:55:59 PM

It's coming,I hope this week because the anxiety it's killing me 😨

Yeah, i have a feeling it will be this week.

Which would be crazy because we are already going to have the trailers for House of the Dragon, The Penguin and Dune: prophecy.

BigDaddyJohn

A huge ship... Wait, what ?

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 17, 2024, 09:20:20 PMA huge ship... Wait, what ?

Is it a ship, or a station?

Uhh, this is the Resurrection novelization all over again.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 17, 2024, 09:23:48 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 17, 2024, 09:20:20 PMA huge ship... Wait, what ?

Is it a ship, or a station?

Uhh, this is the Resurrection novelization all over again.
Apparently, it's both.

BigDaddyJohn

Ohh. Weird. And apparently it's huge huh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed