Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,120 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Unless you are of a certain age most people have yet to see a really impressive Alien film in 'real time' so to speak.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 17, 2024, 12:04:17 PMUnless you are of a certain age most people have yet to see a really impressive Alien film in 'real time' so to speak.

Prometheus and Covenant called, and they're pissed!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Prometheus and Covenant have good things, but they aint no Aliens!

PAS Spinelli

A:R was also pretty Orange

SiL

SiL

The franchises have never been blockbusters, but they have generally done alright.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 17, 2024, 12:19:52 PMPrometheus and Covenant have good things, but they aint no Aliens!

Covenant is the thinking person's Aliens!

"We're in the pipe, five-by-five."

No, wait...

Nightmare Asylum

Aliens rocks. Covenant rocks.

Prometheus... has cool ideas!

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 17, 2024, 12:25:34 PMA:R was also pretty Orange

I'd say more yellow-ish.

PortugueseXeno

I think Resurrection was yellow.

I think the first Alien was black.

Aliens was blue.

Alien 3 was red/orange, and Romulus will probably be it too, which is insteresting, because Romulus till take place in the middle of space, so the red/orange color is quite different from what we are usually used to in space settings.

Prometheus was blue, but still different than Aliens, while Covenant was gray.

There, now we have colors for the franchise.

But it's funny, in my mind, everytime i tried to picture what Romulus would look like, the color that poped up in my head was green.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 17, 2024, 12:59:35 PM

Aliens was blue.

Alien 3 was red/orange, and Romulus will probably be it too, which is insteresting, because Romulus till take place in the middle of space, so the red/orange color is quite different from what we are usually used to in space settings.

But it's funny, in my mind, everytime i tried to picture what Romulus would look like, the color that poped up in my head was green.

I always thought of Alien as green, Alien 3 as yellow, and Resurrection as orange. Even the Empire reviews follow that pattern.

Aliens, Prometheus, and Covenant are all blue.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 17, 2024, 01:02:54 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 17, 2024, 12:59:35 PM

Aliens was blue.

I always thought of Alien as green, Alien 3 as yellow, and Resurrection as orange. Even the Empire reviews follow that pattern.

Aliens, Prometheus, and Covenant are all blue.

It's kind of fascinating, how people will visualize these movies when in terms of color and then display different results.

I think Alien (1979) had a lot of green in its marketing and logo, but the actual movie itself lacked that green, so i always pictured it as black.

SiL

SiL

Alien3 is always green to me because the branding was always green.

BigDaddyJohn

Probably numerous scenes with strobing lights in the Romulus station looking orange-reddish.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 17, 2024, 01:28:53 PMProbably numerous scenes with strobing lights in the Romulus station looking orange-reddish.

Nah, I reckon it's gonna be purple.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 17, 2024, 10:07:00 AMhttps://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1769136562808201364

They certainly haven't shared them all. But between Mr H and all the other info that came out, I really can't think of anything that's not been spoiled yet. So if you read them all, don't expect anything completely different unless they did reshoots to change things drastically, instead of little pick ups here and there.

Studio has been made aware of the leaks as well. Not sure if we'll see any action taken, but marketing may take a shift. Leaks like this really throw shit off behind the scenes for marketing departments. Saw it happen in real time a few instances when I was on the marketing team at Bandai.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed