All David Lynch

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jan 20, 2020, 04:03:16 PM

Author
All David Lynch (Read 8,587 times)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 13, 2024, 09:46:07 AMHad the honor of seeing Lynch back in 2007 in Estonia.
He came to answer questions in a local cinema, and later even arrived at a bar, saying something like "I was asked to come here, so here I am, bye".

I was there also. He came to talk about transcendental meditation but people were asking him Twin Peaks questions. Saw Lynch and his companions having a walk in the city later that day.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

I was around to catch this when it first hit the big screen.  While Lynch's particular version still divides opinion, it made enough of an impression on me to give it an occasional re-watch since then, due to it's evocative score and very watchable cast members.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dune-40th-anniversary/

While this will always be the 'definitive' DUNE movie for me for various reasons (especially the extended fan edit of it by 15MaF), I'll certainly check out the second-half of Denis Villeneuve's remake at some point too - the first half didn't really enthuse me, but I expect the next part will be a lot more entertaining overall.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I really like Lynch's Dune from a visual aesthetic standpoint.
Lots of cool production design choices.
I find it even more interesting to look at than Denis Villeneuve's version, even if the latter is a technically better made film.

I caught a screening of Lynch's at a David Lynch retrospective in Dallas last year which was cool.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

About to start reading Lynch's unfinished Dune sequel script...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 05, 2024, 07:41:20 PMAbout to start reading Lynch's unfinished Dune sequel script...

And I'm now finished, and kind of shocked how faithful it was to Dune Messiah in essence. Aside from the first ten pages on the Tleilaxu planet, where Lynch goes nuts with the weird shit, but that fits them better than it does the Harkonnens.

He also kind of sidesteps some of the weirder choices from the first movie, like the ending. Irulan: Will you ever let it rain again? Paul: Let's not talk about the weather. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

But has he had another Monica Bellucci dream?  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hopefully his health improves :)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 05, 2024, 07:41:20 PMAbout to start reading Lynch's unfinished Dune sequel script...
Just out of interest, where did you find it? I've seen articles about it but been unable to locate it myself

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 27, 2024, 10:57:57 PM
Just out of interest, where did you find it? I've seen articles about it but been unable to locate it myself

A friend sent it to me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm mainly still shocked how close it is to Messiah. Stuff like retroactively making the Baron's doctor into a disguised Scytale is honestly kind of genius.

Wweyland

Wweyland

This is fascinating. But how did he even consider making a sequel, hearing how much he hated making the first one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed