Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 166,816 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Serpico Jones on Feb 15, 2024, 12:53:57 AMDon't know if anyone has posted this but here's the spoiler info about the gruesome scene that Isabella Marced was talking about recently.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/2/14/6cnjbokxjy1y6lpu1ypa5ezs9n1otk
;D

Ah, arse-bursters.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2024, 01:35:57 AM
Quote from: Serpico Jones on Feb 15, 2024, 12:53:57 AMDon't know if anyone has posted this but here's the spoiler info about the gruesome scene that Isabella Marced was talking about recently.

;D

Ah, arse-bursters.

If I have enough dairy I get those too.

Mike’s Monsters

The spoiler is fake news. Don't fall for it.

Kailem

Kailem

Sounds like someone pulled that out of their ass.

Slutty Badger

Besides, Dreamcatcher did that already. The military even dubbed the alien "the Ripley, after that broad in the Alien movies".

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I think it's best to also point the person writing the article says "I'm pretty sure I know what the scene is", meaning they are just guessing and have no actual source of that info. The scene is not anything like the person is imagining up at all.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 15, 2024, 08:41:32 AMI think it's best to also point the person writing the article says "I'm pretty sure I know what the scene is", meaning they are just guessing and have no actual source of that info. The scene is not anything like the person is imagining up at all.

I know you can't say much about the movie, but do you know exactly what scene she was talking about ?

Mike’s Monsters

Yes.

BigDaddyJohn

Do you feel she exaggerates a bit for promotion, or do you feel it's pretty accurate and will shock many people ?

Mike’s Monsters

Can't speak to that unfortunately. I think that'll depend on the individual watching. I find myself not looking away from things many claimed as intense or too much with Fede's Evil Dead. But then other movies out there get me to look away with something simple like a needle being used just right.

It wasn't a butt burster situation, that's for sure.

SiL

SiL

When you hear about people fainting watching Alien, remember a lot of that was Ash's head coming off, not the burster.

It'll be interesting to see what it is.

Ingwar

Ingwar

@Mike's Monster

I'm guessing that the budget of Romulus isn't as high as Prometheus and Covenant's so my question is: does it have high quality look or does it look slightly cheaper if you know what I mean?

What's estimated budget anyway?

PortugueseXeno

Mike, i have a question for you since you are a photographer, in case you can and want to.

Without spoiling, how would you rank Galo Olivarez's cinematography of Alien Romulus in comparison with the other entries of the franchise?

Is it "bland" or does it have a visiually impressive aesthetic?

https://www.galoolivares.com/

He has a very stylized and unique style.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2024, 09:58:00 AMWhen you hear about people fainting watching Alien, remember a lot of that was Ash's head coming off, not the burster.

It'll be interesting to see what it is.

lol just posted something very similar in another thread before seeing this. Yep. So it's all on the individual.

It visually looked like it was going for ALIEN. Won't elaborate as my visual taste is much different than others. The sets don't look cheap.

I likely won't give my takes on comparing to the rest of the franchise or where it slots on my best to least favorite list. Don't want to give any info that may mislead or misdirect, as I may not line up with what a certain person wants or likes. I have my hopes as a fan, but someone else might have other wants.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 15, 2024, 06:08:45 PMThe sets don't look cheap.

I think this is something that will give people some hope, since when the movie was first thought to be released to streaming and when the Alien Day pic was released.

Some people criticized the set, saying that it looked cheap.

So, it's good to hear this.

I honestly can't wait to see more of the set and production of this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed