Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,121 times)

PortugueseXeno

https://twitter.com/BeyondReporter/status/1754640445148185071

Well, this brazilian (portuguese) tweet acts like Alien: Romulus will 100% get something at the Super Bowl.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Neila on Feb 08, 2024, 05:50:55 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 08, 2024, 12:06:55 PMI hate A Quiet Place with a fiery passion. It is the pants-on-head dumbest studio horror movie I've seen in ten years and I refuse to watch anything else to do with it.

wait a minute...
so you've never seen THE Predator???

The Predator is a miserable, unwatchably bad, completely idiotic movie through and through, but I'd argue that there is a bit of a difference between an awful franchise starter that continues on with the same creative team, and an isolated awful installment in a franchise that tends to change hands and directions with each movie anyways.

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 08, 2024, 05:55:05 PMhttps://twitter.com/BeyondReporter/status/1754640445148185071

Well, this brazilian (portuguese) tweet acts like Alien: Romulus will 100% get something at the Super Bowl.

For what it is worth, this Tweet is three days old. It seems like information that has come to light since then has been saying otherwise about the Super Bowl.

Only time will tell for sure, though.

Mike’s Monsters

It has become regular practice to start teasing the new ads/trailers the week before the big game on Sunday. To the point where they dump everything online days before and you can end up seeing it all without watching the game.

A Quiet Place showing this early doesn't tell me that the chances for a Romulus trailer are any higher. They just dropped a Sonic spin-off for Knuckles that was supposed to be a Sunday commercial. There's always a tease for a trailer or a trailer for a trailer these days when it comes to a big film or show. I expect nothing less from Alien, and from what I'm hearing on the inside, they're definitely going all out for it. An event film.

I also don't like A Quiet Place. Found it super frustrating, many reasons of which folks have laid out already. Whenever a new monster movie comes out that I didn't get right to seeing, that general audiences seem to love, I get told I'll love it, then I find I end up not liking it for some reason. Probably over hype.

And just because it has inclusive characters doesn't automatically give it merit to being great. The rest of the film has to deliver too, and A Quiet Place doesn't. No plan on seeing any past the first. I remember having a very heavy "that's it?" after watching it.

Slutty Badger

Logo officially confirmed!

Local Trouble

So they're actually going with that title?

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 08, 2024, 09:37:25 PMSo they're actually going with that title?

Yep.

kwisatz

kwisatz

That upsets you?

T Dog

T Dog

Some Old Dude

I hope Alien: Spaceship sticks going forward and they get increasingly on the nose. Alien: Joseph Conrad.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 08, 2024, 09:43:25 PMThat upsets you?

Everything upsets him, because that upsets more people when he whines.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 08, 2024, 09:37:25 PMSo they're actually going with that title?

Tagline for the movie will be:

"Ice cream, you scream"

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 08, 2024, 07:59:07 PMand from what I'm hearing on the inside, they're definitely going all out for it. An event film.

An event film?

Interesting, the way you phrased it.

It intrigues me, because at first i thought this movie was going straight to streaming, so maybe it wouldn't have the resources it needed in order to pull incredible VFX.

I loved Prey, but i have to admit that the weak CGI in some parts was a complain of mine and i was fearful for Romulus when it came to that.

But maybe, the studios decided to inject more money once it was announced to get a theatrical release.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 09:47:45 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 08, 2024, 07:59:07 PMand from what I'm hearing on the inside, they're definitely going all out for it. An event film.

An event film?

It intrigues me, because at first i thought this movie was going straight to streaming, so maybe it wouldn't have the resources it needed in order to pull incredible VFX.

I loved Prey, but i have to admit that the weak CGI in some parts was a complain of mine and i was fearful for Romulus when it came to that.

But maybe, the studios decided to inject more money once it was announced to get a theatrical release.

I wouldn't worry. Looking at the film's IMDb page, it's currently being worked on by some of the top professionals in the VFX industry. Weta Digital, ILM (with Oscar winner visual effect supervisors), and many other top VFX houses are involved.
Fortunately, there's plenty of time allocated for post-production as well. Moreover, during the previous year when Hollywood was on hiatus, more VFX resources could be allocated to this movie.

The theatrical release decision may have been made well before the filming started. The filming was pushed back by one month last year.
The budget likely increased, allowing for time and money to be invested in building elaborate sets and hiring skilled professionals and artist.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 09, 2024, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 09:47:45 AM

An event film?

I wouldn't worry. Looking at the film's IMDb page, it's currently being worked on by some of the top professionals in the VFX industry. Weta Digital, ILM (with Oscar winner visual effect supervisors), and many other top VFX houses are involved.
Fortunately, there's plenty of time allocated for post-production as well. Moreover, during the previous year when Hollywood was on hiatus, more VFX resources could be allocated to this movie.

The theatrical release decision may have been made well before the filming started. The filming was pushed back by one month last year.
The budget likely increased, allowing for time and money to be invested in building elaborate sets and hiring skilled professionals and artist.

Yeah, a few weeks/months ago, i did see that WETA and ILM were going to be working on Alien: Romulus, but my doubts regarding the budget were still there.

I don't know if the movie will be good or not, but hopefully it's not a box office bomb that completely kills off the franchise like Covenant almost seemed to.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 10:41:49 AMI don't know if the movie will be good or not, but hopefully it's not a box office bomb that completely kills off the franchise like Covenant almost seemed to.

Covenant wasn't a bomb. It still made bank, only it didn't do nearly as well as Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed