Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,374 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Neila on Dec 12, 2023, 09:11:37 AMIf Fede hopefully goes back to the Big Chap design or Cameron's Alien Warriors look, many out there will probably think it's a completely new design :'(

But we won't.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 12, 2023, 09:24:59 AM
Quote from: Neila on Dec 12, 2023, 09:11:37 AMIf Fede hopefully goes back to the Big Chap design or Cameron's Alien Warriors look, many out there will probably think it's a completely new design :'(

But we won't.

Yeah, that ship has sailed a long time ago for the general audience.

But it's quite sad how the AvP and Resurrection Xenos that Giger refered to as "they look like literal shit" are the ones seen as the OG by most people.

The poop Xenos, now that is quite the frightining outlook.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 12, 2023, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 12, 2023, 09:24:59 AM

But we won't.

Yeah, that ship has sailed a long time ago for the general audience.

But it's quite sad how the AvP and Resurrection Xenos that Giger refered to as "they look like literal shit" are the ones seen as the OG by most people.

The poop Xenos, now that is quite the frightining outlook.

We had the poop Xenos already, in Dreamcatcher.

They were even dubbed "the Ripley".

PortugueseXeno

Well, Alien Covenant's first teaser was released on the Christmas before its year of release, so any predictions as to when we will get our first teaser?

Mike’s Monsters

Likely early 2024 to spring. Full marketing should go into effect after Alien Day (not saying it'll start then, just that we can expect stuff around then with the film being out in 4 months at that point). I don't expect to see anything anytime soon yet.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 15, 2023, 06:19:48 PMLikely early 2024 to spring. Full marketing should go into effect after Alien Day (not saying it'll start then, just that we can expect stuff around then with the film being out in 4 months at that point). I don't expect to see anything anytime soon yet.

Ooof, Alien Day?

Damn, i sure hope it doesn't start that late, but to be fair, it seems like most movies nowadays only start their marketing 4-5-6 months before the theatrical release.

I think what irks me the most is that we are so close (next year), but yet it feels so far, given how there is nothing to see, besides the Alien Day pic from last year.

But, to be fair, the next 2 years will have a movie and a TV series, so we just have to wait a little longer.

Slutty Badger

I do think Romulus will follow up at least tangentially on Covenant, given that every other source that could have done so up to this point has steered clear.

Mike’s Monsters

Alien Day hasn't had much life in it over the last few years. A big trailer drop or something on that date in 2024 could definitely give it a big injection of hype that it hasn't had in a while.

And I'm not saying it'll start on that day. We can probably expect to see stuff start trickling in after the New Year, but most likely closer to springtime. Which lines up with Alien Day nicely.

Cosmic Incubation

Yeah I think the last time Alien Day felt like it really had any major significance was when Covenant was coming out. It was cool. So I wouldn't be against waiting to see something on Alien Day and make a whole big occasion and fanfare out of it.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Dec 15, 2023, 09:47:15 PMYeah I think the last time Alien Day felt like it really had any major significance was when Covenant was coming out. It was cool. So I wouldn't be against waiting to see something on Alien Day and make a whole big occasion and fanfare out of it.

For all intents and purposes, given how the next 2 years are suposed to have new live action Alien content, i think it's pretty much a given that there will be something in Alien Day.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote" Rumors say the characters at the center of the story are young thieves coming across the Xenomorph during a heist, but we can't confirm that information.
https://www.space.com/everything-we-know-about-alien-romulus?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_content=space.com

I haven't heard this young thieves rumor before.

Nightmare Asylum

The leaked audition tapes did have characters on board a salvage ship so that would track.

Mike’s Monsters

That is definitely the simple way to describe the set up for the film before the chaos hits. It's a lot more than that in the final product.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 06:17:29 PMThat is definitely the simple way to describe the set up for the film before the chaos hits. It's a lot more than that in the final product.

My theory/prediction is that The Company knows that the Romulus is Xeno infested, so they set a trap for these young thieves/salvage crew to board it, so that they can get more data and info regarding the Xenos.

Maybe, they are even monitoring the Romulus station through video camera surveilance, all from the safety of their own offices.

Now, how all of this will connect the prequels with the original movies, beats me.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 19, 2023, 08:04:32 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 06:17:29 PMThat is definitely the simple way to describe the set up for the film before the chaos hits. It's a lot more than that in the final product.

My theory/prediction is that The Company knows that the Romulus is Xeno infested, so they set a trap for these young thieves/salvage crew to board it, so that they can get more data and info regarding the Xenos.

Maybe, they are even monitoring the Romulus station through video camera surveilance, all from the safety of their own offices.

Now, how all of this will connect the prequels with the original movies, beats me.

Hmmm. Interesting and neat idea. Though I feel like we've already seen a situation like that play out with David unleashing the Xeno on The Covenant and watching it from the monitors.

I'd prefer if it went a route we haven't seen and not to retread too closely to what's been done before. I don't want a new movie that just repeats the beats from previous entries. That doesn't make it very "new" in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed