Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,849 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps they can use the garden.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 03, 2023, 08:10:39 PMHis voice replacing Muthur inside the Covenant would be great.

I kind of expect that will be what David would do. Upload his consciousness to the ship's computer. The salvagers might even bring him out with the ship's black box along with the Alien infection.

Neila

Neila

however they do it. It would be absolutely great to add a little connection to the prequels. (even if my wish as I would like to see it probably won't be realized)
if done skillfully it would satisfy everyone and even those who hate Prometheus and Covenant could overlook it if it's just a short thing and the rest of the film reunites almost all the fans.

ralfy

ralfy

They'll definitely have to do that if the prequels essentially reboot the franchise, and the reboot needed if they felt that many who watched the prequels had never seen or heard about the first four movies because those were made decades ago.

Local Trouble

I wonder if ralfy is aware that the first four movies are widely available on streaming services and physical media.  I wonder if he thinks the original Star Wars trilogy is obscure too.

SiL

SiL

Ralfy hasn't watched them and assumes nobody else did either.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I've seen a few Alien Romumus bootleg posters, using Aliens from Resurrection / AVPs :P👎

Casual audiences probably couldn't care less about Giger's Alien. :'(  They only remember the monster from its relatively recent films. Seriously, I always see AVP's Alien in geek articles or YouTube thumbnails.

Nightmare Asylum

This image is the bane of my existence and if I had the power to purge it from the face of the internet, make no mistake, I would do it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Sometimes it can be seen the better designed, albeit not as good as the original, Praetomorph. But it is very rare to encounter Giger's Alien as the definitive presentation of the creature to the internet.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 11, 2023, 07:15:29 PMSometimes it can be seen the better designed, alveid not as good as the original, Praetomorph. But it is very rare to encounter Giger's Alien as the definitive presentation of the creature to the internet.

Yeah, as a younger fan of the Alien and Predator franchises, i can confirm.

Growing up, the AvP and Ressurection Xenos were the ones that i found plastered all over the internet when it comes to presentation/introduction to the franchise.

It's sad, but it is what it is.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2023, 07:11:44 PMhttps://img4.hulu.com/user/v3/artwork/7130e8e2-4216-40c6-a600-4b8a252ca201?base_image_bucket_name=image_manager&base_image=9e8584d2-b3a4-4943-93ac-39dd6842ee9e&size=458x687&format=jpeg
This image is the bane of my existence and if I had the power to purge it from the face of the internet, make no mistake, I would do it.

God, I agree 150%.
It's like the papyrus or comic sans of xeno images. So annoying how overused this image is. Every time I see it used I can't help but roll my eyes and wish it was outlawed to use. Especially when it's used to substitute any xeno outside of AVP. 

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2023, 07:11:44 PMhttps://img4.hulu.com/user/v3/artwork/7130e8e2-4216-40c6-a600-4b8a252ca201?base_image_bucket_name=image_manager&base_image=9e8584d2-b3a4-4943-93ac-39dd6842ee9e&size=458x687&format=jpeg
It is a surprise that this image of a mediocre redesign of the classic xeno is this popular.

Immortan Jonesy

Its current memetic state must help for sure

Immortan Jonesy

Neila

Neila

If Fede hopefully goes back to the Big Chap design or Cameron's Alien Warriors look, many out there will probably think it's a completely new design :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed