Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,523,873 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2023, 12:14:07 AMWill Hawley's show be this good?

As much as I liked most of Fargo...

kwisatz

kwisatz

Do I need to see the films before Monarch? My last Godzilla movie is the one by Edwards, I think.

I have 2 weeks Apple+ left and Foundation turned a bit shit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 24, 2023, 12:17:29 AMDo I need to see the films before Monarch? My last Godzilla movie is the one by Edwards, I think.

So far, I think only Skull Island and the first Godzilla are required viewing.  The show jumps around to a bunch of different eras, but none later than a year or so after Edwards' movie.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 24, 2023, 12:17:29 AMDo I need to see the films before Monarch? My last Godzilla movie is the one by Edwards, I think.

No, it's set after the Edwards one but before the rest. Skull Island is the only other one with any real relevance, and I don't think you absolutely need to see it to get the show (but you should anyway, because it's fun). 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope we get at least a cameo by Ken Watanabe at some point.

nanison

nanison

Hey, never had an apple+ subscription but I'm considering now for Monarch. I was wondering if you saw for all mankind? If yes is it any good? What is it like? Foundation was good at one point?

I'm basically waiting till the Napoleon director's cut and the complete Monarch series is up

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: nanison on Nov 24, 2023, 01:12:56 AM

I was wondering if you saw for all mankind? If yes is it any good?

Nope, it's on the list though. The user Nightmare Asylum seem to really enjoy it (keep in mind though he also actually likes Covenant  ;) )

QuoteFoundation was good at one point?

Give it a try, first season is watchable, definitely for the visuals. Season 2 yeah.. maybe it'll turn the corner!?  ::)

Oh and I did watch the first two Episodes of Servant yesterday which turned out pretty well-made and intriguing

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

For All Mankind rocks. With Better Call Saul over and Raised By Wolves canceled, FAM is probably my favorite show currently on TV (or streaming, whatever) these days.

Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 24, 2023, 01:21:57 AM(keep in mind though he also actually likes Covenant  ;) )

:-*

TC

TC

Quote from: :( kwisatz on Nov 24, 2023, 12:17:29 AMI have 2 weeks Apple+ left and Foundation turned a bit shit.

Sorry to hear that.  :(   (It's on my To Watch list.)

For All Mankind is good. It sometimes comes close to slipping into soap opera but luckily always pulls itself back from the brink.

If we're talking Apple+ I can recommend Silo.

TC

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Just echoing what's been said, Silo is pretty good, and Foundation is a near total cockup of some of my favourite books.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

About those asking if they need to watch all the Monsterverse to catch up for Monarch. A few mentioned Godzilla 2014 and Skull Island are definites and I agree. But I'd also say to watch the other two films too. This series is going to lead into the events of next years Godzilla x Kong. Wont say what or hint at much, but I recommend catching up with all 4 films.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 26, 2023, 12:30:21 AMAbout those asking if they need to watch all the Monsterverse to catch up for Monarch. A few mentioned Godzilla 2014 and Skull Island are definites and I agree. But I'd also say to watch the other two films too. This series is going to lead into the events of next years Godzilla x Kong. Wont say what or hint at much, but I recommend catching up with all 4 films.

If I had to guess...

Spoiler
The weaponry installed in Japan is going to be part of that setup. I can't imagine it being used in the show itself, since we know Godzilla doesn't surface on the mainland at all between 2014 and 2019, but I can totally see it getting some play later on in the timeline in GxK.

It also helps that that stuff feels VERY Evangelion, and Wingard already littered GvK with a ton of surface-level Eva references.
[close]

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

This is just my personal opinion, but Apple TV sucks compared to Netflix, Disney+, Hulu and Max. Wished the Monarch series wasn't on Apple...

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

A preview for the upcoming episodes has been released. I put it in spoilers just in case.
Spoiler

DarthJoker45

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed