Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,523,912 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

For the record, I enjoyed all of the Legendary MonsterVerse films on first viewing, although I feel like Skull Island is the only one that really holds up on repeat watches. Which IMO says something about the quality and performances since I have no real investment in Kong but have always been a Big G fan.

nanison

nanison

Watched the first episode for free on appletv
I guess I'm going for a subscription once the entire season is up.

It seems a bit more grounded and "realistic" than the movies post 2014 Godzilla which I like. It is slower, more spread out action and so far the characters are engaging enough to keep my attention. We also saw some kills which were quite big in terms of impact, thumbs up for that.

That shot from the side of the giant spider walking towards Goodman on the cliff felt like a throwback to 50s monster movies I liked that too.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: nanison on Nov 19, 2023, 08:04:38 PMThat shot from the side of the giant spider walking towards Goodman on the cliff felt like a throwback to 50s monster movies I liked that too.

It has no relation but it reminded me of this haha ;D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I am f**king HYPE for Minusu One-u, lads.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 22, 2023, 12:22:57 PMI am f**king HYPE for Minusu One-u, lads.

Seeing it a week from tomorrow! 8) Cannot wait.

Just revisited Shin Godzilla over the weekend, and will also be revisiting the original '54 film, The Return of Godzilla, and if time permits, GMK as well before then as well. This will actually be my first time seeing Return in its original Japanese version – I grew up with the American Godzilla 1985 version on VHS and only just recently finally got my hands on the Blu-ray of the original Japanese release.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I hit up the original a few nights ago, and was honestly floored with fresh eyes as to just how good it is. Did Shin too, and as much as I love it, the crystal clear black and white of the OG is magnitudes above, well, most movies. It just drips ambience and oozes quality.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 22, 2023, 12:46:01 PMI hit up the original a few nights ago, and was honestly floored with fresh eyes as to just how good it is. Did Shin too, and as much as I love it, the crystal clear black and white of the OG is magnitudes above, well, most movies. It just drips ambience and oozes quality.

100% agree about the original. It's easy to think of the Godzilla films as just goofy monster movies with dudes in rubber suits (which most of them kind of are tbf) but the original still stands as a pillar of masterclass filmmaking of it's time. It's amazing how potent and devastating it is even today.

I'm with you on the black and white as well. I'm curious to see if that black and white cut of Shin that's apparently in the works will change or enhance the experience

Stitch

Stitch

Bought my ticket to the UK screening of Minus One!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My one issue with Shin is how Godzilla just... stands still for half the movie. Kind of killed the intimidation factor.

nanison

nanison

The original film is great but the goofy eyes kill the terror a littlebit

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Man, Monarch continues to be way better than I expected from it. This show is putting pretty much any other media tie in TV series to shame right now.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, between this actually being well made and acted, and the reviews Minus One is getting, we're eating good at the moment.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just binged the first three episodes last night.  This show is putting on a clinic.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I had basically zero expectations for this, so having a compelling conspiracy thriller narrative, likeable characters and frankly more Godzilla than I was expecting for a show that doesn't drop his name in the title, I'm very pleasantly surprised. Kurt and son are an absolute treat especially. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Will Hawley's show be this good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed