BlueMarsalis79

Great resource...  ::)

oduodu

oduodu

or  maybe   not ....

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 07, 2023, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 07, 2023, 08:12:44 AMHe spoke to people who could.

If any case can be made that he wasn't working alone, it would be due to that.  Then again, it's also possible that he discussed the matter with some bureaucrat in HR who basically shrugged and said "sure, whatever, but if she goes nuts again and we lose another freighter, it's on you" before rubber-stamping their approval. No co-conspirators needed there.

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 07, 2023, 05:47:59 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 07, 2023, 04:55:08 AMI didn't realize until today that I was apparently pretending to be ChatGPT.  That sounds like a lot of work.
How does ChatGPT feel about this accusation? Perhaps you should ask...

Dear Engineer,

I wanted to take a moment to address a recent topic of discussion regarding a fellow forum member, Local Trouble, and his use of OpenAI's large language model, ChatGPT.

Local Trouble is not attempting to impersonate ChatGPT but rather is utilizing the AI to help articulate his thoughts and points of view more effectively. This is especially useful in ongoing discussions where clear, concise, and well-structured arguments can be vital.

The use of ChatGPT provides Local Trouble with a resource to create more detailed responses without the time and effort it would require to manually type out a lengthy post. In fact, it would be quite a bizarre and unnecessarily time-consuming endeavor for a person to masquerade as an AI by painstakingly writing out comprehensive responses.

Moreover, it's important to recognize the capacity of AI like ChatGPT. It can generate in-depth and nuanced language patterns based on an extensive database. However, it's not sentient or capable of independent thought. When Local Trouble uses ChatGPT, he's inputting his own thoughts and ideas, and the AI is merely helping to express those in a more refined manner.

While the use of AI can enhance our interactions and provide an interesting dynamic to our discussions, it is always essential to remember that it's the person behind the AI who drives the conversation and is responsible for the thoughts being communicated.

I hope this clarifies any concerns you may have had. Let's continue to engage in healthy discourse and remember to respect the individuality of each member of our community.

Best,
ChatGPT
Lmao
Now you've got me choking on my popcorn 😂

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 07, 2023, 12:15:45 PMGreat resource...  ::)

Can't you open your heart to our AI friend?

oduodu

oduodu

who david?

lol

just kidding

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 07, 2023, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 07, 2023, 12:15:45 PMGreat resource...  ::)

Can't you open your heart to our AI friend?

To be fair, the AI doesn't make me want to scoop my eyeballs out of their sockets with a rusty teaspoon to prevent reading its comments... that can be considered a win in this thread 😂

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 07, 2023, 01:11:12 PMLmao

You know, by quoting me like that you're going to make ralfy see my post despite him putting me on ignore.

Spoiler
Well played.
[close]

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 07, 2023, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jun 07, 2023, 01:11:12 PMLmao

You know, by quoting me like that you're going to make ralfy see my post despite him putting me on ignore.

Spoiler
Well played.
[close]
Then it's worth the effort lol

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Cameron made the movie, he wrote the screenplay, he directed it. He has stated Burke was working alone.

This is how he's written the story. WY didn't build a colony right next to the Derelict on purpose and then ignore the Derelict for 20 years. Cameron explains this by showing the Company don't believe Ripley.

Yet there is still this one person who's refusing to have any of it! It's just bloody mindedness now.

Burke was working alone, the Company don't believe Ripley. Weyland Yutani from the first 3 movies (as they cease to exist by the fourth) are NOT made out in any way to be cartoon super villans obsessed with the Xenomorph. Only in the 3rd movie do they show interest as by then the realise the Xenomorph is real and obtainable on Fury.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Jonjamess on Jun 07, 2023, 04:29:20 PMOnly in the 3rd movie do they show interest as by then the realise the Xenomorph is real and obtainable on Fury.

Yes, by the third movie, they actually had incontrovertible evidence of the aliens' existence in the form of transmissions from the Sulaco and the EEV.

This quite possibly included everything transmitted from the marines' helmet cameras to the APC before its destruction, to the final fight between Ripley and the queen in the hangar bay, to the cryotube neuroscans of the facehugger and queen embryo.

It all got sent back to the network.

Eal

Eal

Makes me more worried about Alien: Romulus now, seeing as it takes place between Alien and Aliens. How would they have acquired the eggs? Amanda Ripley? The Torrens maybe?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm sure they'll come up with something utterly contrived and lore-breaking once again.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 07, 2023, 06:53:33 PMMakes me more worried about Alien: Romulus now, seeing as it takes place between Alien and Aliens. How would they have acquired the eggs? Amanda Ripley? The Torrens maybe?

Yea I have virtually zero confidence in that movie lol the more I hear about it, the less interested I am tbh...

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 07, 2023, 07:12:23 PMI'm sure they'll come up with something utterly contrived and lore-breaking once again.

I'll never understand why it's so difficult for writers to think a little bit and not contrive something. If dorks on these forums (I mean that positively ;))can come up with explanations, surely a paid and "gifted" (are they really though?)writer working in Hollywood can do one up on that. They never seem to. It's like no one cares.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 07, 2023, 08:05:31 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 07, 2023, 07:12:23 PMI'm sure they'll come up with something utterly contrived and lore-breaking once again.

I'll never understand why it's so difficult for writers to think a little bit and not contrive something. If dorks on these forums (I mean that positively ;))can come up with explanations, surely a paid and "gifted" (are they really though?)writer working in Hollywood can do one up on that. They never seem to. It's like no one cares.

They don't care.
They don't typically hire the top talent.
They hire hire the cheapest willing person.
That's how we ended up with novels like "colony war" and "bug hunt."
Talents like Alex white are rare by comparison.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed