Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie

Started by The Shuriken, Feb 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM

Author
Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie (Read 9,200 times)

426Buddy

That really bothered me in the AvP's, the acid only worked when it was convenient.

They make a acid proof spear but not the net gun or wrist blades?

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 02, 2016, 09:49:49 PM
That really bothered me in the AvP's, the acid only worked when it was convenient.

Correct. Oh well, the movies are what they are. Perhaps if we get another AvP film in the near future it will be a bit more consistent. And I wouldn't mind if they have a mix of Predator armor types and body types too. The AvP2 PC game featured several different size Predators, yet nearly all the creatures in the movies were basically the same.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 02, 2016, 01:56:19 AM
What I would have liked to see is acid-proof weapons. After hunting them for years, Predators must have found a way to protect their gear. I realize in the first film we would be reminded of the acidic blood potency but in AVPR Wolf uses his wrist blades on several Xenos with no damage but I believe this was more a case of convenience or ignorance as the acid is very inconsistent.

When the Strauses were on the forum, I remember asking them if they were going to have Wolf equipped with acid resistant weaponry. They did say that he was coming down to Earth to handle the situation and that he was coming prepared.

Also, it doesn't take much to explain the non-acid resistant weapons. It's likely that the acid resistant weapons are given to only the proven Predators. The non resistant armor and weapons are probably a means of handicapping the Predators in the pyramid. All to make the hunt more difficult and challenging until they prove themselves.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 03, 2016, 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 02, 2016, 01:56:19 AM
What I would have liked to see is acid-proof weapons. After hunting them for years, Predators must have found a way to protect their gear. I realize in the first film we would be reminded of the acidic blood potency but in AVPR Wolf uses his wrist blades on several Xenos with no damage but I believe this was more a case of convenience or ignorance as the acid is very inconsistent.

When the Strauses were on the forum, I remember asking them if they were going to have Wolf equipped with acid resistant weaponry. They did say that he was coming down to Earth to handle the situation and that he was coming prepared.

Also, it doesn't take much to explain the non-acid resistant weapons. It's likely that the acid resistant weapons are given to only the proven Predators. The non resistant armor and weapons are probably a means of handicapping the Predators in the pyramid. All to make the hunt more difficult and challenging until they prove themselves.
So they were ambiguous? Figures. I do wonder if they knew that the movie was junky or that it was going to be a flop while they were making it.

This is true, but I would love for it to be mentioned somehow. Whether in dialogue, narrative, or a scene showing the difference. That way, it's definitively spelled out. 

happypred

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 02, 2016, 09:49:49 PM

Yes...the spear, dagger, and shuriken were all acid proof

Corporal Hicks

I could agree and rationalize that - if all the kit the Predators had on them in AvP weren't acid resistant. Some were, some weren't. Just inconsistent.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2016, 08:44:19 AM

I could agree and rationalize that - if all the kit the Predators had on them in AvP weren't acid resistant. Some were, some weren't. Just inconsistent.
Agreed. Would have been much happier with more consistency. Or an explanatory scene showing there to be a real difference.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM
Something similar to this, minus the exposed mid section. A full protective body suit.

http://icedestroyer.deviantart.com/art/PREDATOR-Phantom-176758027

Anyone into such a design? Or do you prefer the normal conservative use of armor?

That specific design might be OK, if it wasn't for the bizarrely exposed piece at the front. It's like putting up a sign with 'SHOOT HERE!' :)

If something is set in the future, then yes, it makes sense for their armour to have evolved, too. Technically, I could survive a lot of knife wounds to my body, too, but there's no sense in risking them if I can help it.

genocyber

Well in the AVP film it made sense to protect their bodies more from the acid, since none of them would had been keen on losing an arm or leg. I think that Wolf Predator got burned bad in the second AVP film by the acid blood, didnt he?

SiL

Wolf was never hurt by the acid in the second movie.

Corporal Hicks

He came into the film with a badly acid burned face. Though that was added later with CG IIRC.

Master

His burned face was part of sculpture. He had it all the time. But when he stabs Predalien in the chin, whole bucket of accid blood covers his arm with no effect what so ever .

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough. I did not recall correctly after all.  :laugh:

Ah, it was just the eye that was altered in post.

QuoteTo add a visual clue of the Predator's past fights with Aliens, the left side of its face is plagued by a considerable acid burn, which has almost completely consumed the creature's upper left mandible, and blinded its left eye (which was re-colored in post-production).

http://monsterlegacy.net/2014/01/19/predator-metamorphosis-part-iv-aliens-vs-predator-requiem/

426Buddy

Unfortunately the acid is only ever as strong as the director needs it to be lol. If everything went off the first movie, the acid should be crazy strong.

It seems to me the strength of the acid has been a lil different in every film, comic, and game. Still the AvP films are the worst offenders because they are so inconsistent with it scene to scene.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 14, 2016, 03:13:47 PM
Unfortunately the acid is only ever as strong as the director needs it to be lol. If everything went off the first movie, the acid should be crazy strong.

It seems to me the strength of the acid has been a lil different in every film, comic, and game. Still the AvP films are the worst offenders because they are so inconsistent with it scene to scene.
No kidding. I suppose one could argue that they have different blood types like humans? It's a stretch and I don't buy it myself but...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed