Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,088,110 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It's happened all too often.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Damn Anderson and Strause Bros! Damn you all to hell!

Daken

Daken

The Fog (Remake)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 16, 2010, 01:57:29 AM
Quote from: SpacePredator on Nov 15, 2010, 07:55:46 PM
Talk about canon-rape.
Now that sounds painful.
Especially if you add a "n".

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Makuta Cell on Nov 16, 2010, 05:40:45 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 16, 2010, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: Makuta Cell on Nov 16, 2010, 05:40:45 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Spoiler
Somebody was flattered.  ::)
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It made me LAWL.  ;D

Rioto

Rioto

The A-team  :)
The Expendables  ;D

Quote from: Rioto on Nov 16, 2010, 11:02:26 PM
The Expandables  ;D

"The Expandables" eh? At their age, i bet their pants are expandable!! lol ::)

Star Trek Generations 7/10, a weak plot, but there's a lot of awesome in the movie.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Jurassic Park 10/10 Just utterly amazing.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The Fly II

Watching the blossoming romance between not-quite Marty McFly and the chick from Spaceballs is just a little excruciating (especially when compared to the 100% convincing love affair between Goldblum and Davis in the original), but once Stoltz's dormant insect genes begin taking over and he starts to resemble one of those lumpy-faced aliens from Star Trek, the film does get considerably better.

And when the rather impressive practical creation that is Martinfly eventually gets round to using its corrosive fly vomit on one particularly unfortunate security guard, it becomes a hoot.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 17, 2010, 10:16:19 PM
The Fly II

Watching the blossoming romance between not-quite Marty McFly and the chick from Spaceballs is just a little excruciating (especially when compared to the 100% convincing love affair between Goldblum and Davis in the original), but once Stoltz's dormant insect genes begin taking over and he starts to resemble one of those lumpy-faced aliens from Star Trek, the film does get considerably better.

And when the rather impressive practical creation that is Martinfly eventually gets round to using its corrosive fly vomit on one particularly unfortunate security guard, it becomes a hoot.

That scene still makes me cringe to this day.

Rioto

Rioto

Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 17, 2010, 01:27:43 PM
Quote from: Rioto on Nov 16, 2010, 11:02:26 PM
The Expandables  ;D

"The Expandables" eh? At their age, i bet their pants are expandable!! lol ::)

dammit! haha

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Skyline

So I went to a late showing with my friends (I told them how bad the reviews and directors were, but we ultimately decided to see it as a comedy  :D), and wow, this movie was.. something.

It was without a doubt one of the funniest movies I've seen all year, and I found myself able to laugh at it in a way that I couldn't with AvP:R (since it was essentially putting one of my favorite franchises down with a medieval flail), and I had a shitload of fun. But this movie as it was intended to be? Infuriating. Absolutely infuriating that something like this could even be funded and shown to people expecting something good (there certainly were some of those in the theater  :-\). The acting? Hilariously horrible. I find that David Zayas (Sergeant Batista from Dexter) was only there on the hiatus of Dexter and was just doing it for some easy money, where as he puts his all into his performance in Dexter. I applauded his choice; you can tell that he and his co-stars knew how shitty the movie they were participating in the production of was.

The special effects of the trailer are also a gimmick. When you are actually exposed to them for an extended duration of time, they look awkward and unnatural when interacting with live action objects. Get Roger Rabbit in there to show those aliens what the f**k's up. Some of them even appear stiff- disturbingly so. Also, the f**king camerawork almost made me throw up! It seemed like it was completely shot with a small step up from a handheld camera while going for a cinematic vibe. HOW DO YOU EVEN-

You know, writing this makes me want to scream (I'm okay, I'm okay!) just thinking about it. How the cast goes is essentially:
-Scrawny white-guy as the unlikely hero
-Heavy-set Hispanic guy as the self-righteous dick
-Token black guy as the stereotypical.. token black guy endlessly spewing gag-inducing one-liners
-Hot chick as hot chick
-Another hot chick as a hot chick.

*Throws up*

Kill this movie with fire, don't see it, don't support the Strausses- don't even see it as a comedy as I did. Hold out on your invasion film fix for Battle: Los Angeles. My stomach hurts, I need a garbage can. Nail this film to the cross and pray no more comes from "The Brothers"
Spoiler

0/10 - A shit on the cinematic arts.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed