Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,019 times)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

The Lost World:Jurassic Park-9/10. Almost as good as the original.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 18, 2010, 09:31:38 PM
Skyline

So I went to a late showing with my friends (I told them how bad the reviews and directors were, but we ultimately decided to see it as a comedy  :D), and wow, this movie was.. something.

It was without a doubt one of the funniest movies I've seen all year, and I found myself able to laugh at it in a way that I couldn't with AvP:R (since it was essentially putting one of my favorite franchises down with a medieval flail), and I had a shitload of fun. But this movie as it was intended to be? Infuriating. Absolutely infuriating that something like this could even be funded and shown to people expecting something good (there certainly were some of those in the theater  :-\). The acting? Hilariously horrible. I find that David Zayas (Sergeant Batista from Dexter) was only there on the hiatus of Dexter and was just doing it for some easy money, where as he puts his all into his performance in Dexter. I applauded his choice; you can tell that he and his co-stars knew how shitty the movie they were participating in the production of was.

The special effects of the trailer are also a gimmick. When you are actually exposed to them for an extended duration of time, they look awkward and unnatural when interacting with live action objects. Get Roger Rabbit in there to show those aliens what the fu*k's up. Some of them even appear stiff- disturbingly so. Also, the fu*king camerawork almost made me throw up! It seemed like it was completely shot with a small step up from a handheld camera while going for a cinematic vibe. HOW DO YOU EVEN-

You know, writing this makes me want to scream (I'm okay, I'm okay!) just thinking about it. How the cast goes is essentially:
-Scrawny white-guy as the unlikely hero
-Heavy-set Hispanic guy as the self-righteous dick
-Token black guy as the stereotypical.. token black guy endlessly spewing gag-inducing one-liners
-Hot chick as hot chick
-Another hot chick as a hot chick.

*Throws up*

Kill this movie with fire, don't see it, don't support the Strausses- don't even see it as a comedy as I did. Hold out on your invasion film fix for Battle: Los Angeles. My stomach hurts, I need a garbage can. Nail this film to the cross and pray no more comes from "The Brothers"
Spoiler

0/10 - A shit on the cinematic arts.
[close]

Oh wow, what a great time I'm in for tomorrow. :D

I watched the extended edition of Alien vs Predator (the abridged version :P)

I basically watched it up to the team up, skipped past the entire team up until they get to the ice tunnel, and watched them escape the Pyramid, skipped past the unmasking, and watched the Queen battle.

It's a better movie that way.  :D

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Nov 18, 2010, 09:33:38 PM

I love that film.  :)

-----------

That review was epic, Sweeps.  :D

jhsnake999

jhsnake999

Psycho, which stars Vince Vaughn, who happens to be one of my favourite actors and we share the same birthday date! He also stars in one of my favourite films; The Lost World Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park is my favourite film series as I love Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Animals and have done since I was small. The Psycho film was good, Vaughn played a great part as Norman Bates too.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I always thought Vince Vaughn was miscast in that role. Norman is supposed to be a scrawny geeky guy.
Vaughn is just too cool to play the vulnerable sexually repressed and emotionally abused Bates. I was expecting dinosaurs to pop up. I would equate it to casting Arnold Schwarzenegger as Oliver Twist.

Anyway...
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

It was truly astounding to watch these again. It is clear that they set a new standard for action and adventure. Every film within the genre owes a great deal to every waking moment of these masterpieces of cinema.
Easily my favorite film series of all time.
10s across the board.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 18, 2010, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Nov 18, 2010, 09:33:38 PM

I love that film.  :)

same here

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 18, 2010, 11:36:19 PM
Anyway...
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

It was truly astounding to watch these again. It is clear that they set a new standard for action and adventure. Every film within the genre owes a great deal to every waking moment of these masterpieces of cinema.
Easily my favorite film series of all time.
10s across the board.

Ah, a good old Indy-a-thon. Those are some terrific films. Though my heart lies with Last Crusade:)

Spoiler
No, Crystal Skull;)
[close]

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Everydoby needs more Indiana Jones.
Best fist fights in motion picture history.
Plus it is the only film series where I look just a bit like the main character, esp when my hair is short.

Spoiler
I let go of my hate for Crystal Skull. Not a movie I really desire to own though. It was entertaining, but unnecessary. That image of Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, Martin Brody and Sallah riding out into the desert in The Last Crusade was and still is the perfect ending for the series.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not technically a movie, but it was long enough to be feature length.

Firefly Pilot Episode

This is a good show. I believe I shall watch the rest of it. Not sure why Fox was planning to broadcast this episode last, though. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Jurassic Park III 7/10

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 19, 2010, 04:16:33 AM

Firefly Pilot Episode

This is a good show. I believe I shall watch the rest of it. Not sure why Fox was planning to broadcast this episode last, though. Doesn't make any sense at all.
Has anything Fox done as of late made any sense?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Between that, the cancellation of Arrested Development, and the continued existence of Family Guy, no. Can't say it does.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 19, 2010, 04:16:33 AM

Firefly Pilot Episode

Actually, I noticed a little something while watching this.

Nice little nod.

Daken

Daken

• I Am Legend -
  • No Country For Old Men
I dug through the archive's last night an watched these two. Its been ages since the last veiwing.

Rioto

Rioto

ip man 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed