Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,058 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Rituals

I think this may be even more harrowing than Deliverance. The similarities are evident - a group of middle-aged men being stalked in the wilderness who risk losing their humanity along with their lives - but this just seemed to have an edge over the banjo-duelling original. It still has that same, frighteningly realistic quality to it, in any case.

(Plus Hal Holbrook gives it brownie points) 

Nope

Nope

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 09, 2011, 07:34:32 PM
Live Free or Die Hard
Probably the best of the recent revival trend. A worthwhile McClane adventure.
Cine-Meter, 7/10
Mono-Meter, 8/10
Totally agree with you.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

-Jarhead
-Minority Report

Both were a lot better than I had expected them to be. I seriously don't understand all the dislike for Jarhead; seriously, what the f**k? Such an under-appreciated movie.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Demonic Toys (1992)

Yes its totally stupid and not in the least bit scary, I dunno why its referred to as a horror, but this cult is highly enjoyable with its basic charming effects. Of course its ridiculous and has a high trash content with strong levels of cheese but with a film about killer dolls what do you expect, its much more of a light hearted horror/comedy.

The main swing here is the dolls of course, a killer teddy bear, a baby doll, a robot and a jack in the box, all of which actually look kinda cool, not scary more eerie and bizarre, think killers Muppets haha. The sequences where the dolls attack are pretty amusing and the highlight of the film, with their limited movements and funny voice work its hard not to enjoy despite how silly it is watching a grown adult thrash around as he's being attacked by a psychotic Fozzie the Bear lol!

The whole concept is hard to pull off but its an interesting one with toys coming alive, much like 'Toy story' and 'The Twilight Zone' its a fun route to explore, plus the dolls are always well designed and made with obvious care and attention.

Demonic Toys 2 (aka. Demonic Toys: Personal Demons, 2009)

Seeing as this was made recently it makes it hard to accept the crapness involved as these type of films tend to work better knowing they were made back in the 80/90's but despite that its still a reasonable horror with fun doll mania.
The plot is pretty much the same as all the killer doll films previously accept with a different setting but the effects are slightly better or alittle more technically advanced than the rest. The dolls still look good but we're missing 'Mr Static' and 'Grizzly' and instead have 'Divoletto' which is a devil looking doll, nice design and very 'Puppet Master' but he doesn't do too much.

Nice setting and the usual kills accompanied with some rather poor acting but we all know what we're getting here, not as good/classic as the first but its still solid if you have a doll fetish ;)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2011, 06:17:29 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Jul 09, 2011, 05:35:23 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2011, 05:07:02 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Jul 09, 2011, 05:03:26 PM
Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins.

I still don't know which I love more - part 2 or 4. Or they are equal for me... Hmmm...

Funny you should say that, because those are the only two in the series directed by S.S. Wilson. (Wilson and Brent Maddock wrote all four, and Maddock directed 3, while Ron Underwood directed the first).

I feel that the first Tremors movie is the best made film in the series, but two and four are my favorites. I likes Wilson's style in directing.

Did you end up watching Tremors 3? I don't remember seeing you post it here. I really liked that one too, despite it feeling a bit DTV. I especially loved the scene in the junkyard.

So... I still look for part one, which I missed in TV, but it seems impossible to buy it here. :( And yes, I watched part 3 and I loved it (but a little bit less than 2 and 3 ;) ). I didn't post about it, sorry, but I drew pics for 2 and 4. You don't visit my art thread so you don't know about it. 
But Omega liked it... :)
BTW after watching part 3 I tried to imagine - which kind of Graboids will be next - there were runners and flyers... I didn't expect western movie! :D

Yep, after part 3, the life cycle goes full circle, as seen in Tremors 4. I loved Hiram in 4, as an anti-Burt, of sorts. :)

I'll have to check out your art thread later and see the pics. Don't take it personally, I just don't look in the art section very often, unless I see something recommended. But this is something I want to see. :)

After 2 parts I was almost sure that this life cycle is as long as series. :D So I seriously guessed, what could be next. And anti-Burt was just perfect. There were moments in this movie that I almost cried with laughter. So great contrast. :D

And - c'mon! It's really nothing special. :) Everyone has his own interest, that's all. And I never recommend myself. :)

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 09, 2011, 10:55:16 AM
I recently watched Nightmare on elm street (the remake) 6/10
I preferred the original Nightmare on elm street.
The Freedy Krugear in this film looks like a scarecrow.
In the remake, Freddy is less funny than the original but, he's more realistic and more scary.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 09, 2011, 07:34:32 PMLive Free or Die Hard
Cine-Meter, 7/10
Mono-Meter, 8/10

What about Rambo, man. :'(

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 09, 2011, 09:20:21 PM
-Jarhead
-Minority Report

Both were a lot better than I had expected them to be. I seriously don't understand all the dislike for Jarhead; seriously, what the f**k? Such an under-appreciated movie.

Who hates jarhead?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Never said 'hate', but nearly everybody I've spoken to about the movie (easily dismissable as idiots on the subject of movies, however) have shown some kind of dislike toward it. They could never detail it when I asked them (thus meaning it was because there wasn't all the military 'WOO-WOO' action they were expecting (much like the soldier portrayed...), and they were afraid of admitting that was why), so I watched it to judge for myself.

So in conclusion; slow people don't like Jarhead.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Yeah those muthafeckers suck.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Battle Los Angeles saw on the flight to Colombia it´s still pretty good. It still gets an 8.  :)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 09, 2011, 10:39:31 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 09, 2011, 07:34:32 PMLive Free or Die Hard
Cine-Meter, 7/10
Mono-Meter, 8/10

What about Rambo, man. :'(
I have yet to see Rambo or the latest Rocky. LFODH was the best that I have seen thus far.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Rainmaker - 6/10
Transformers 3 - 7/10

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

10/10

my favourite of the saga.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Big Lebowski - Great movie, but I was expecting it to be even weirder than it was. The casting was perfect, especially Jeff Bridges as the Dude. Didn't expect to see Julianne Moore or Tara Reid in this.

A question about the ending though. What was up with Bunny? Was she kidnapped? Don't seem like it. Was she behind the whole thing herself? If so, why did she return to Lebowski at the end?

Loved the movie. 9/10.

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 10, 2011, 12:02:10 AMI have yet to see Rambo or the latest Rocky. LFODH was the best that I have seen thus far.

You should do yourself a favor and check them both out. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed