Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,846 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Xhan, being able to reach up to 9 feet doesn't mean the creature is 9 feet tall. The reason why it's measured from the shoulder and not the hed is because like I said, that posture wasn't maintained on a regular basis. For maximum balance, the animal would have been straight out from end to end.

Xhan

Xhan

Quotethat posture wasn't maintained on a regular basis.

That we don't know. Looking at Predatory cats would say yes they did on a regular consistent basis, particularly when fighting or attacking or simply checking shit out. Running? probably not.

QuoteXhan, being able to reach up to 9 feet doesn't mean the creature is 9 feet tall.

Actually in this case it does, as the arms aren't doing the biting. If it was a shark, sure.

Relating it to JP, there's only a couple of scenes where their necks are dead level.

SiL

SiL

I'd bring up Walking With Dinosaurs' portrayal of the Utahraptors, but I've no idea how well that'd go down. They seemed to keep themselves pretty steady.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 04, 2009, 04:28:18 AM
Quotethat posture wasn't maintained on a regular basis.

That we don't know. Looking at Predatory cats would say yes they did on a regular consistent basis, particularly when fighting or attacking or simply checking shit out. Running? probably not.

I'd say a better way of looking at it would be modern day birds since they evolved from small carnivorous dinosaurs, but the bone structure of any large, bipedal bird dictates its head be kept up at all times, so I can't debate here.

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 04, 2009, 04:28:18 AM

Actually in this case it does, as the arms aren't doing the biting. If it was a shark, sure.

Relating it to JP, there's only a couple of scenes where their necks are dead level.

I don't understand. Are you saying because the arms can reach, that makes it higher? Coz I'm pretty sure you and SiL just argued that to a standstill.

SiL

SiL

The point is that the head can reach, so it makes it higher.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And I say that's silly. Like you already said, lifting your head up doesn't make you taller.

Xhan

Xhan

It's not silly, especially with can and would.

Quotehead up doesn't make you taller.

for a dinosaur in that configuration that's exactly what it does.

Quotemodern day birds

Emu/Ostrich COUGH. :p

QuoteWalking

Yeah, but there in Jurassic Fight Club (salt grain added here), they raise up to attack and they literally HAVE to in order to jump with sickles out.

SiL

SiL

And I literally have to squat to jump, doesn't make me shorter :P

Height's measured from rest. Otherwise there are too many variables and any one person has a half a dozen different measurements.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 04, 2009, 04:48:54 AM
Emu/Ostrich COUGH. :p

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 04, 2009, 04:37:13 AM
I'd say a better way of looking at it would be modern day birds since they evolved from small carnivorous dinosaurs, but the bone structure of any large, bipedal bird dictates its head be kept up at all times, so I can't debate here.

*cough*

Xhan

Xhan

hence the :P

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Joe Johnston on JP4!

"Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62386

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

With the visuals from Avatar, I think JP4 will be just as ground breaking as the first maybe IMO.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 14, 2010, 06:49:33 AM
Joe Johnston on JP4!

"Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you."

Ya, coming from the guy who directed JP 3, I'm not holding my breath.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 14, 2010, 06:49:33 AM
Joe Johnston on JP4!

And how long have they said Jurassic Park IV is coming now? 

Undeadite

Undeadite

Long enough for my inner child to die of old age.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed