Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,277 times)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 19, 2015, 09:09:55 PM
Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Jul 19, 2015, 06:11:01 PM
It's completely relevant to the argument. It's a video about how "bad" the CGI is in JW.

When you can clearly tell it's a CG effect that you're looking at, yes, that means it's bad.

The problem with CGI is that it lets you create whatever setup you want. So when seeing CGI in film you can easily spot it because that shot would not be possible without CGI. People using CGI need to be a little conservative on how they shoot think of it as if they are shooting actual sets. Dial stuff back a bit.

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 23, 2015, 06:57:07 PM
Jurassic World sequel confirmed for June 22, 2018.  The film will be written by Jurassic World's director, Colin Trevorrow, and Derek Connolly. Spielberg will be joined by Trevorrow as executive producer on the film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/464729-jurassic-world-sequel-dated-for-june-22-2018-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-returning

Can we have some story this next time?
Cause the story of the JW was pretty much.... and a dinosaur escapes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Jurassic World sequel confirmed for June 22, 2018.  The film will be written by Jurassic World's director, Colin Trevorrow, and Derek Connolly. Spielberg will be joined by Trevorrow as executive producer on the film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/464729-jurassic-world-sequel-dated-for-june-22-2018-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-returning

I want two things: better use of CG and animatronics and scientifically accurate dinosaurs. f**k the haters.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 23, 2015, 07:49:08 PM

I want two things: better use of CG and animatronics and scientifically accurate dinosaurs. f**k the haters.

Yeah the CG was really terrible in JW.

I want them to go the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs route with the next movie.
Just think - MAd MAx with dinosaurs = awesome!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd watch it, but not as part of the Jurassic Park series. It wouldn't fit.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

What do you mean accurate?
You want tiny raptors and feathers all over the place?
Feathers will be too much cause of all the time spent of animating the feathers moving properly.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 23, 2015, 10:24:58 PM

Feathers will be too much cause of all the time spent of animating the feathers moving properly.

We can have big raptors (Utahraptor) with feathers. The cost of rendering wouldn't be that high. It all depends on how they're rendered.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 23, 2015, 08:40:35 PM
I'd watch it, but not as part of the Jurassic Park series. It wouldn't fit.

Well the series has to evolve into something. They can't just keep shooting them in Hawaii.

Keg

Keg

I really want to see something different this time though. Please dont go back to the islands. We've had two films in a theme park gone tits up and two films on an island where all the dinosaurs are loose. Hopefully they'll use the Henry Wu subplot taking the embryos off the island as a stepping stone to set something new up.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Well, they've set up that the park will be history by the following morning, and that the genetic experiments have been smuggled out. So I'd be surprised if they set another film on those islands, and I think I heard Colin Trevorrow mention on a podcast that he envisioned future stories taking place "on the mainland". Which mainland I'm not sure - given that the production has absolutely 0 connections to Costa Rica, and Michael Crichton's completely out of the picture now (whether directly or through legacy), there's no reason to think it'd be the nearest coast.

The most obvious angle to take would be a continuation of the military stuff, but the Hoskins character wasn't particularly well-received, so who knows.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 23, 2015, 11:01:31 PM
Well, they've set up that the park will be history by the following morning, and that the genetic experiments have been smuggled out. So I'd be surprised if they set another film on those islands, and I think I heard Colin Trevorrow mention on a podcast that he envisioned future stories taking place "on the mainland". Which mainland I'm not sure - given that the production has absolutely 0 connections to Costa Rica, and Michael Crichton's completely out of the picture now (whether directly or through legacy), there's no reason to think it'd be the nearest coast.

The most obvious angle to take would be a continuation of the military stuff, but the Hoskins character wasn't particularly well-received, so who knows.

Yeah I was pretty sure "Jurassic World" was a pun for an actual "Jurassic" world now being implemented into the world with dinosaurs repopulating various parts of the world. I thought the movie would end on that but since they're planning a trilogy then yeah the ending made sense. I think it will happen by the end of the next one. I just hope they don't exaggerate it and it h ets to the point were human civilization falls because that's ridiculous, but just certain areas in the world are affected by dinosaur populations making parts of the world extra dangerous.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 23, 2015, 10:28:13 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 23, 2015, 10:24:58 PM

We can have big raptors (Utahraptor) with feathers. The cost of rendering wouldn't be that high. It all depends on how they're rendered.

Utahs are bigger than the current raptor size use on screen.
And with feather they would need to add some color which these people dont like doing, for some reason.
Did you like the proto feathers of JP3?

blood.

blood.

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jul 26, 2015, 07:55:30 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 23, 2015, 11:01:31 PM

Yeah I was pretty sure "Jurassic World" was a pun for an actual "Jurassic" world now being implemented into the world with dinosaurs repopulating various parts of the world. I thought the movie would end on that but since they're planning a trilogy then yeah the ending made sense. I think it will happen by the end of the next one. I just hope they don't exaggerate it and it h ets to the point were human civilization falls because that's ridiculous, but just certain areas in the world are affected by dinosaur populations making parts of the world extra dangerous.
They're clearly setting up a jurassic world / planet of the apes crossover.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I didn't think the CGI was bad at all...not sure what you saw. I agree about more animatronics. Definitely could have used that MUCH more.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Please don't have something like Mosasaurus suddenly eating I-Rex next movie, that is all- Wait a second, I just noticed part 5 will be released the same year as the Godzilla sequel. :o

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

The original script had human/dino hybrids.  I wonder if we'll see that in the future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed