Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,546 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I know movies border into the RIDICULOUS sometimes, even when they try to pass it off as real or possible. To me, Jurassic World is sci-fi, so anything goes. I don't care if a 20 year old jeep started, or what the dinosaurs are SUPPOSED to look like, etc.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Summer movies are always ridiculous, they wouldn't be any fun if they had to adhere to the laws of physics or reasoning.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Especially if it's The Avengers. The film wouldn't make it out of the first act.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: razeak on Jul 14, 2015, 12:32:53 AM
Which is why I posted my experience. I dont get the hate for the raptor/military angle or the jeep scene.

I dont hate the scene i just found it funny that a teenager and a kid got a car running that was exposed to the elements.
The little garage it was in was open, right? It's not like it in relatively clean area.
Im not saying it killed the movie but i found it funny.
It was a weird needless scene, to me. I found it weird that they left the old JP with everything in it, no one took anything. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The movie itself actually made references to them getting that jeep to work several times and it was funny.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd like to see more colour variety in the dinosaurs in the sequel. All the grey herbivores were bleh.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Ye
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2015, 03:35:00 PM
I'd like to see more colour variety in the dinosaurs in the sequel. All the grey herbivores were bleh.
Yes please.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 13, 2015, 11:46:24 PM
Still how can a 40 foot long predator chase down prey at current oxygen levels? That's extremely unlikely. There needs to be a fuel source (increased atmospheric oxygen) and genetics engineering alone shouldn't affect that. Also where you are affects the amount of available oxygen which is is why all the largest dinosaurs are found in South America vs else where. Atmospheres thicken up closer to the poles if I recall correctly and SA used to be much more south than it is now where as most other continents were equilateral.

Giant sauropods have been found on every continent, throughout most of the Mesozoic. Multi-tonne dinosaurs - both predators and prey - were found in deserts, tundra, savannah, swamps, forests and jungles alike. Albertosaurus and Edmontosaurus migrated as far north as Alaska and as far south as New Mexico. There is no good evidence that dinosaurs were limited by oxygen content, whether locally or globally (and, as I've said before, it's no longer accepted that Mesozoic oxygen was higher than today's).

Their abilities aren't particularly surprising, either.
Advanced ornithischians had a breathing system similar to mammals', with air forced out by a muscular thoracic diaphragm - most of them were lighter than the largest living elephants, which manage to spend hours foraging, travelling and occasionally trotting or fighting, while wielding complex brains and dealing with extremes of temperature. So why wouldn't a similar-sized ornithopod manage?
Sauropods and theropods had a much better breathing system than ours, similar to birds'. Air sacs in their skeletons allow them to process far more oxygen per breath, maintaining a one-directional flow of air through the lungs and ensuring that they're absorbing oxygen-rich air even while exhaling. It's this system which allows birds to fly at great heights for hours, in conditions where humans need breathing apparatus.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 14, 2015, 09:58:07 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 13, 2015, 11:46:24 PM
Still how can a 40 foot long predator chase down prey at current oxygen levels? That's extremely unlikely. There needs to be a fuel source (increased atmospheric oxygen) and genetics engineering alone shouldn't affect that. Also where you are affects the amount of available oxygen which is is why all the largest dinosaurs are found in South America vs else where. Atmospheres thicken up closer to the poles if I recall correctly and SA used to be much more south than it is now where as most other continents were equilateral.

Giant sauropods have been found on every continent, throughout most of the Mesozoic. Multi-tonne dinosaurs - both predators and prey - were found in deserts, tundra, savannah, swamps, forests and jungles alike. Albertosaurus and Edmontosaurus migrated as far north as Alaska and as far south as New Mexico. There is no good evidence that dinosaurs were limited by oxygen content, whether locally or globally (and, as I've said before, it's no longer accepted that Mesozoic oxygen was higher than today's).

Their abilities aren't particularly surprising, either.
Advanced ornithischians had a breathing system similar to mammals', with air forced out by a muscular thoracic diaphragm - most of them were lighter than the largest living elephants, which manage to spend hours foraging, travelling and occasionally trotting or fighting, while wielding complex brains and dealing with extremes of temperature. So why wouldn't a similar-sized ornithopod manage?
Sauropods and theropods had a much better breathing system than ours, similar to birds'. Air sacs in their skeletons allow them to process far more oxygen per breath, maintaining a one-directional flow of air through the lungs and ensuring that they're absorbing oxygen-rich air even while exhaling. It's this system which allows birds to fly at great heights for hours, in conditions where humans need breathing apparatus.

"We all know [the kaiju] have two brains, like a dinosaur!"

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

In the comic Jurassic Park: Redemption II, how did they where able to create a  Dimetrodon  if they exist before the Dinosaurs and how they can get DNA for a animal that exited from 300 - 252 million years ago?

Alien³

Alien³

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Yeah, it was like some one tripped and bump the comp while it was rendering and all saturation was lost.

Everything was pretty much almost grey on some level. Even the raptors were pretty much grey except for the few lines.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 15, 2015, 03:14:01 AM
In the comic Jurassic Park: Redemption II, how did they where able to create a  Dimetrodon  if they exist before the Dinosaurs and how they can get DNA for a animal that exited from 300 - 252 million years ago?

Same way they got the DNA from dinosaurs.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 15, 2015, 09:33:32 PM

Yeah, it was like some one tripped and bump the comp while it was rendering and all saturation was lost.

Everything was pretty much almost grey on some level. Even the raptors were pretty much grey except for the few lines.

That's mostly consistent with the old movies though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 16, 2015, 05:29:51 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 15, 2015, 09:33:32 PM

That's mostly consistent with the old movies though.

Oh come on. Adding a dash of colour isn't going to affect the dinosaurs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed