Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,424 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 02, 2015, 01:40:12 PM
It may be leaps and bounds ahead on a technical level but that doesn't mean it's pleasing to the eye.

I would argue on a visual level also. But this would descend into yet another CGI debate on the net.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Understand that not only CGI ruins itself.
The actor performance has this mystical power too.

And sometimes the actor's performance is not only enough and can be ruined by the very root of the script.
JPWorld has more actions scene that shows the character being badass than revealing their personalities.
And in that moment you can't build in your mind what kind of character he is:
-A Real Badass.
-A dinosaur care-taker.

Great thing in the first thing was that no one was a badass beside Robert Muldoon. And even him was explicitly explaining that despite his skill, he is afraid of the raptors.
You got scene in the first film were Malcom would do something stupid to attract the T-Rex with a flare and ends up with a broken leg. He isn't a super hero. He can be broken like every human. You end up believing that the T-Rex IS a real threat.
That way you feel connected to the character because the film allow you to think that it could be you at that very moment and not some ideal character that is totally perfect who manages everything perfectly fine and when he can't anymore a simple lucky thing happens for him that sounds more like a joke.
When you have a badass character it never allows you to feel fear, joy, anxiety...
You can't feel it is real, you feel it is funny and badass but at no moment you feel in danger.

Spoiler
So yeah, when Chris Pratt character is petting raptors you don't feel it's the dinosaur care-taker doing it but the badass who gonna unleash hell to the indominus and that kind connection between the two characters is pointless because the raptor ends up as tool and "cool figures" for hunting rather than a living breathing animal. CGI or animatronic, it ends up the same way.
[close]

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jul 02, 2015, 02:40:11 PM
Spoiler
So yeah, when Chris Pratt character is petting raptors you don't feel it's the dinosaur care-taker doing it but the badass who gonna unleash hell to the indominus and that kind connection between the two characters is pointless because the raptor ends up as tool and "cool figures" for hunting rather than a living breathing animal. CGI or animatronic, it ends up the same way.
[close]

Really? I felt loads for the raptors and didn't see them as tools or cool figures. That is what they were in Hoskin's eyes.  They felt very alive and sympathetic as characters. Especially in moments like...

Spoiler
Charlie being blown up after having that subtle moment with Owen.
[close]

and

Spoiler
Blue allowing Owen to remove the head cam.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The first scene didn't make much sense to me. Only seconds earlier, they were ready to rip Owen apart and suddenly Charlie is having a change of heart? How?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 02, 2015, 05:00:59 PM
The first scene didn't make much sense to me. Only seconds earlier, they were ready to rip Owen apart and suddenly Charlie is having a change of heart? How?

Conflicted loyalty man. ;)

Vermillion

Vermillion

The raptor's heads seem to change their size throughout the movie. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 02, 2015, 05:09:07 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 02, 2015, 05:00:59 PM

Conflicted loyalty man. ;)

Riiiiiiight.

Alien³

Alien³

Right.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 02, 2015, 05:29:45 PM
The raptor's heads seem to change their size throughout the movie.

Nah, that was just the camera angles. The Rex head in the first JP did the same thing.

blood.

blood.

Don't think anyone posted this yet. I know a bunch of people here don't like nostalgia critic but I find him funny, he's obviously going to take shots at the film so keep your nickers unbunched! At least watch him talk about the final fight scene.

frenchfries

frenchfries

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

...why the hell make a response like that? Just seems petty.

His review is pretty funny.

blood.

blood.

lol! wow... someone's titties got twisted to make a video like that! :laugh: I can't say it's not wrong, but it's a bit hypocritical... doing the same things it's accusing NC of doing. (crying mainly)

Alien³

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The review was funny but f**k the guy; JW's CGi was awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed