Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,461 times)

First Blood

First Blood

So who else wants to go kayaking with Stegosauruses. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 25, 2014, 07:38:44 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Nov 25, 2014, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: Taxemic on Nov 25, 2014, 06:12:03 PM
Yeah...trained Raptors? Really? Everyone's just cool with that?

They could've genetically altered the raptors with perhaps Dog DNA to give them some obedience, or perhaps his character just has been with them since they hatched and rather then listen to him like a dog they kind of have a mutual agreement or respect for one another. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they turn on him.

It's not credibility that's the problem. You can train any remotely intelligent animal to treat a human as part of the family if you hand-raise them from birth.
As far as I'm concerned, the problem is how it's going to come across. Just as they don't want to show real coelurosaurs because they're not what the unwashed masses are expecting to see, we've been conditioned to see the raptors as insatiable killing machines - it may not sit well to see them having strokies and chud-chuds, and obeying commands to get treaties.

Anyway. The Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus look great. Not sure what's going on with that mosasaur, it looks bigger than Liam Neeson's cock.
Film itself looks about what I was expecting; not Crichton-tier but could be good fun.

lol yeah, that Mosasaurus looks bigger than a Megalodon. It seems comparable to Liopleurodon from Walking With Dinosaur (although there was also an exaggeration in this documentary).

With respect to the trailer, it´s okay. But I like to see a balance between practical effects and CGI :D

Taxemic

Taxemic

Hope we get a Dilophosaurus.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Taxemic on Nov 25, 2014, 09:48:35 PM
Hope we get a Dilophosaurus.

*bangs window*

Daaaamn.

Master

Master

It's very cool nonetheless,  still I don't buy trained raptors.

MudButt

MudButt

Yeah, the trailer didn't have the scene of Pratt calming the raptors down, the chaingun shooting at something, and that shot of the D-Rex (I think?) smacking someone to the side.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 25, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

They could've genetically altered the raptors with perhaps Dog DNA to give them some obedience, or perhaps his character just has been with them since they hatched and rather then listen to him like a dog they kind of have a mutual agreement or respect for one another. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they turn on him.

It's not credibility that's the problem. You can train any remotely intelligent animal to treat a human as part of the family if you hand-raise them from birth.
As far as I'm concerned, the problem is how it's going to come across. Just as they don't want to show real coelurosaurs because they're not what the unwashed masses are expecting to see, we've been conditioned to see the raptors as insatiable killing machines - it may not sit well to see them having strokies and chud-chuds, and obeying commands to get treaties.

Anyway. The Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus look great. Not sure what's going on with that mosasaur, it looks bigger than Liam Neeson's cock.
Film itself looks about what I was expecting; not Crichton-tier but could be good fun.

lol yeah, that Mosasaurus looks bigger than a Megalodon. It seems comparable to Liopleurodon from Walking With Dinosaur (although there was also an exaggeration in this documentary).

With respect to the trailer, it´s okay. But I like to see a balance between practical effects and CGI :D

Giant mosasaurs grew up to 60 feet long, plus the camera angle might also be part of the reason it looks so enormous.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 25, 2014, 10:59:56 PM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 25, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

Giant mosasaurs grew up to 60 feet long, plus the camera angle might also be part of the reason it looks so enormous.

Well, that explains everything. TY :D

SM

SM

Also, frog DNA.

This looks both spectacular and amazingly cliched and cheezy.

ace3g

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Watched the trailer again. It worked better for me the second time. Looking forward to this. :)

MudButt

MudButt

I've been watching it all day to be honest.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Just for reference:

Mosasaur screencap
[close]

How long would you say those jaws look? I'd say just over 5 metres (~17 feet), using the handler on the platform (who may be slightly further away) for scale.

The biggest known mosasaur skulls had jaw lengths of 1.5 metres, making this chappy on a whole other level of magnitude.

Alien³

Alien³

Most of the ideas presented in the new film are from Crichton himself. ::)

MudButt

MudButt

Love how Pratt is in a serious role here, not the comic relief or goof he's known for. He looks like he could pull it off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed