Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,272 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Not like it's dumber than wild raptors who say f**k all to just killing the cast when they're cornered and have their eggs. :P

BANE

BANE

-They wanted the eggs back in one piece
-Army noises

Vertigo

Vertigo

I hate it when scriptwriters imbue oviparous animals with viviparous values.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 10, 2014, 10:22:38 PM
I hate it when scriptwriters imbueLab created genetically engineered oviparous animals with viviparous values.

...kay.

Vertigo

Vertigo

The modification doesn't really change anything about that sentence.

BANE

BANE

Ugh please you know what he's getting at.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Not really...  ???

Sigh. I'll risk diminishing the side-splitting hilarity by explaining.
Oviparous animals churn out eggs quickly, easily and typically en masse, they don't attach value to them like a K-strategist mammal does to its baby. Doesn't matter whether it's been grown in a lab, boffed out in a field or spontaneously popped into existence from a quirk of quantum physics.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

All that is fine and dandy but if the animals in this film also end up having mammal dna to specifically change their behaviour and inteligence.... Your complaint will be moot. :P

Anyway, even in the unused JP4 script, the "tamed" raptors werent rolling around in the fields waiting for scientists to pet them.. they were violent animals that were constantly strategizing ways to escape their captivity. The director already said the raptors arent gonna be "dog-like pets" in this... just predators in search of prey.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I, BANE and Rathalos were referring to JP3 :|

JW spoiler
Trained or even tame raptors don't stretch my credulity even slightly, I'd be shocked if you couldn't have done that with the real animals (to a degree, at least). Not sure how it'll play in the context of a movie though.
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

D'oh!

Anyway, there's tons of stuff about dinos that we dont know and JP3 was just trying to be a bit "speculative" regarding dino behaviour... so.. whatevs, manggg. :P

And i highly doubt that real velociraptors were capable of being "tamed".

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Can we get dragons in Jurassic World?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Life will find a way.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Fire breathing T.Rex with giant horn on it's nose and spikes errwhere pls

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

They can save that for Jurassic Park 5: Danger, Diabolus. :laugh:

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed