Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,209 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: BANE on May 20, 2014, 01:01:17 PM
There was a need for the frog DNA though. And it ended up being vital to the plot.

Vital to the "theme" of "life finds a way"... but not really vital to the plot, because you could have probably 98% of the same film without the FROG DNA shenanigans (why not bird dna? Given that birds are descendants of dinos? Frog DNA is just there for the sex change stuff.). The plot element that when removed would make the castle of cards fall down is the BioSyn sabotage.

Oh and Trevorrow said "no feathers!" early on... so no raptor-parakeet hybrid. ;D I'm sure the new dino will look badass and cool. It's probably based off of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raptorex an actual find.

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on May 20, 2014, 01:03:28 PM
Trevorrow and crew are not stupid. Trust me.

This. Joe Johnston did JP3 just to get another paycheck. Spielberg himself didnt seem to have much passion to do the Lost World sequel given some of his comments. Trevorrow seems to actually want to prove himself as a director given that this is just his 2nd film.

Let's relax a bit and see what we get.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 20, 2014, 05:34:56 AM
and the first, second and third films had frog-dinosaurs. splicing up genes from different species onto dino DNA has always been a part of the franchise. Having some dinosaurs be bigger than their real life counterparts is also another part.  The franchise has always been slightly "stupid" with dodgy science and a few leaps in logic to serve plot and to be "kewl!". It's okay. It's just meant to be entertainment for the "whole family".

Given the director's comments... from the looks of it, it seems they are using that "hybrid" notion to sort of criticize the need of corporations to always have "bigger, better" attractions... but let's wait and find out.

(I cant wait till this rumour ends up being proven true and the fanboy tears start rolling.  ;D )

Dinosaurs were real creatures and not the figment of someone's imagination. Not accurately representing them, I feel, is dishonest and quite frankly, insulting. Why is it so hard to show them as they really looked?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Insulting?  :laugh: To who?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

To anyone who knows anything about dinosaurs. You'd be hard-pressed to find any dinosaur enthusiast that isn't aggravated by Jurassic Park's representation of them on some level.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

So? It's a f**king movie.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

....So, Doomrulz you werent "insulted" by the first film because you didnt knew better at the time? Why are you even a fan of the franchise? :P

As soon as the director of this film announced that "there wont be any feathers!" you should have looked for accuracy elsewhere.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was six years old when the film was first released. I accept that liberties are taken, but given my knowledge of dinosaurs right now, it's hard for me to not watch the film and pick out what's wrong with the animals.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 20, 2014, 01:00:08 AM
So the plot of the new film is rumoured to be about.......

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-spoilery-details-on-jurassic-world-the-park-the-dinos-more
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67380

Spoiler
JURASSIC WORLD to feature a T-Rex/raptor/snake/cuttlefish hybrid dinosaur!?!
[close]

AND as far as i'm concerned it SOUNDS CRAZIER THAN THE DEINONYCHUS being trained as military attack dogs script by JOHN SAYLES!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good lord, if this is true... bring me this film NOW!

Spoiler
QuoteAccording to our source, there will be lots of Dino on Dino fighting, as some of the Dinos are "good guys" that are trained by Chris Pratt's character. The raptors and T-Rex are among the "trained" good dinosaurs. The big bad dinosaur has instant camouflage abilities, like the cuttlefish, so he blends into the background, is smart like the velociraptor, uses his jaw like a snake, and can terrorize like the T-Rex.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gonna be a piece of shit.
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

It's gonna get 73% Fresh Tomato Score, will probably be better than the 2nd and 3rd films and you'll hate it.

It'll also get tons of $$$.

FANBOYS WILL WEEP.

i'll be happy.  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Nah, they'll love it like they love their other 70-something percent RT scored manchild mediocrities ;D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

If only this was directed by Brian De Palma and received a 20% Rotten score... you'd sure love it!  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

There'd be treacherous lesbian velociraptors and Pino Donaggio would throw John Williams out the window.

I'd watch that.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

It would all be a dream of the main velociraptor femme fatale.  ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2014, 02:31:19 PM
Nah, they'll love it like they love their other 70-something percent RT scored manchild mediocrities ;D

Eh-

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nymphomaniac_volume_i/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nymphomaniac_volume_ii/

BANE

BANE

And then all the dinosaurs would stand around embracing each other as another meteor hurtles inevitably towards earth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed