Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,692 times)

Alien³

Alien³

They would have been cleared out by InGen after the incident, surely.

The only embryos left would be the decaying remains of whats in the Barbasol can Nedry dropped.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

We can't say for sure until it's defined in the film.

Alien³

Alien³

Of course ;)

My god I'm excited for 4!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll be even more excited when we hear something about the dinosaurs. I'm guessing we won't see any of the Sorna dinos (Spino, Anky, etc...) because they were never on Nublar initially. Unless, this new company, whatever it's called, is expanding the exhibitions and the dinosaurs that were on Nublar the first time were only a trial run.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

What I wonder is what they will say about the previous tennants of the island. I know it's presumed that all the dinosaurs from the first movie perished due to the lysine deficiency, but it would be really cool to see that some wild dinosaurs survived and reproduced unassisted like in the first book. The movie only briefly mentions this.

I really doubt they would've built a new park in it if that was the case though  :laugh: And I'm assuming they cleared all the carcasses, but if the dinos died then I would love to see the original T-Rex's skeleton be discovered by the main group. It would be great symbolism, IMO. A "fossil" from the first movie.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 15, 2014, 02:22:36 PM
What I wonder is what they will say about the previous tennants of the island. I know it's presumed that all the dinosaurs from the first movie perished due to the lysine deficiency,

I would assume that they survived much like the dinosaurs did on Sorna. I have a feeling Trevorrow might shows us a 26 year old T-rex, AKA the original female.

Note: I say 26 year old, its just a guess going by the history of InGen and the year they grew the original dinosaurs on Sorna.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They could work in a story where the animals adapted to the lysine deficiency and it doesn't matter anymore but I think I might prefer a story of them dying out and having to create "new dinosaurs".

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 15, 2014, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 15, 2014, 02:22:36 PM
What I wonder is what they will say about the previous tennants of the island. I know it's presumed that all the dinosaurs from the first movie perished due to the lysine deficiency,

I would assume that they survived much like the dinosaurs did on Sorna. I have a feeling Trevorrow might shows us a 26 year old T-rex, AKA the original female.

Note: I say 26 year old, its just a guess going by the history of InGen and the year they grew the original dinosaurs on Sorna.

Hmmm I never considered it could still be alive. Since in the book I think most of the dinos had short, recorded life spans. I need to keep in mind they are separate. It would be pretty crazy if we had her back for this movie! Only way that would be is if she was captured when they came back to the island. Like I said, I think they would scan and sweep the whole island before rebuilding a park there. But they could've missed a spot... :P

Alien³

Alien³

They could have tranquilized her and kept her alive transporting her to their enclosures.

Or imagine if the section of the island where the original JP took place was still owned by InGen so Patel Corp had to build away from that section of the island. leaving it to evolve on its own.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 03:09:29 PM
They could work in a story where the animals adapted to the lysine deficiency and it doesn't matter anymore but I think I might prefer a story of them dying out and having to create "new dinosaurs".

Ultimately, I agree. I'm just speculating about certain things I wouldn't mind seeing.

As much as i would enjoy throw backs to the previous movies and/or the books, I'm very excited about the fresh start. We're dealing with an open park which was never seen or written of before.

Seeing a new Rex with another "personality" excites me too  ;D Specially considering that this one will most likely be pretty much domesticated by this point, and accustomed to humans. To see it break out and experience freedom should be cool  8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A domesticated T.Rex sounds lame, to be honest. I don't mean to downplay your idea, but I'm looking at it through the lens of a Rex that's friendly with humans and lets kids pet her. It takes away the fear aspect.

Alien³

Alien³

I agree with Doom on this one.

Although I do like the idea of seeing a new Rex with a different personality to what we've seen.
Like how the Bull acts in TLW to the female in JP1.

Anyone think the female in TLW is the same as the one in the first film? As in InGen shipped it back to Sorna after the accident at the park.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I like to think they're different animals. Why would they have moved her back? I was under the impression that Nublar was totally abandoned after the accident at the park.

Alien³

Alien³

Well a deleted scene of The Lost world had Ludlow explaining the destruction of the Nublar facility and the animals there.
I like to think it was just left and abandoned. So I'm glad they removed that scene.

As I kid I thought it was the same female Rex because it gazes at Eddie through the window exactly the same as the female does to Lex in 1. The Rex pair also turn the trailers over much like the land cruiser. But that was my child assumption.

Whether this will be passed on in JW will only be revealed next year.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 15, 2014, 01:19:21 PM
They would have been cleared out by InGen after the incident, surely.

The only embryos left would be the decaying remains of whats in the Barbasol can Nedry dropped.

I doubt either of those will come into play. Even if the embryos at the Visitor's center were still there, I kind of doubt the freezers would still have power after 20+ years. And the Barbasol can was only supposed to last so many hours, so those embryos be f**ked, too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed