Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,133 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 10, 2013, 06:47:16 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 10, 2013, 06:45:30 PM
Still not a particular fan of the older films.
...are you implying you are more a fan of the Prequel films?

Totes (toats?). Well, maybe not Phantom Menace outside the lightsaber showdown.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

ace3g

ace3g

lol, look at what the JP FB page just posted

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm psychic.

So I saw the movie again earlier tonight and I was wondering. If Isla Sorna was supposed to be the island where the dinosaurs were "free range" and bred at will, why was inGen hatching eggs on Isla Nublar in the lab? I mean, I figure with Site B they would let the dinosaurs grow to full-size then bring them to Site A when they were ready. But why hatch babies on the mainland if you have Site B for just that reason?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Because Isla Sorna is an ass pull made up to justify a sequel? :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well...yeah...

God dammit!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Technichally, Isla Sorna was more of a "testing grounds" sort of thing.

The dinosaurs created on that island were prototypes, to make sure the DNA shit they were doing worked, and that they actually stayed alive during a normal lifecycle. Which is why there are dinosaurs found on Sorna that weren't on Nublar; They either weren't ready, or were too new in comparison to the event of the first movie to have been added to the park.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That makes perfect sense, thanks!

It also worked out logistically for the Site A crew. They can only fit so many dinosaurs on one island. I'm not sure they could have managed anymore than the ones they already had given the size of the island.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 12, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
I'm psychic.

So I saw the movie again earlier tonight and I was wondering. If Isla Sorna was supposed to be the island where the dinosaurs were "free range" and bred at will, why was inGen hatching eggs on Isla Nublar in the lab? I mean, I figure with Site B they would let the dinosaurs grow to full-size then bring them to Site A when they were ready. But why hatch babies on the mainland if you have Site B for just that reason?
For the tour. That and after the 1st incident with transporting the velociraptor, they probably didn't want to risk another breakout and moved raptor hatching to local.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't think the tour was part of it in the sense that, despite Grant and the others going inside the genetics lab, general visitors wouldn't be able to do that. I think that was just an exception Hammond let slide because they were there for the first time. The transport scene bugs me to no end. If there was enough room for the Velociraptor to pull him in, surely someone could have simply walked inside the cage and shot the f**ker in the head.

First Blood

First Blood

If you notice during that scene a whole bunch of crewmen are shooting it with rifles and tazers on both sides of the cage. How it didn't die right then and there, well that's just Spielberg being overly dramatic to heighten the scene. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"They should all be destroyed."

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 13, 2013, 12:29:46 AM
If you notice during that scene a whole bunch of crewmen are shooting it with rifles and tazers on both sides of the cage. How it didn't die right then and there, well that's just Spielberg being overly dramatic to heighten the scene. :P

Hm, I think only Muldoon had a shotgun. I didn't see anyone else with one.

First Blood

First Blood

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 13, 2013, 12:16:36 AM
I don't think the tour was part of it in the sense that, despite Grant and the others going inside the genetics lab, general visitors wouldn't be able to do that. I think that was just an exception Hammond let slide because they were there for the first time. The transport scene bugs me to no end. If there was enough room for the Velociraptor to pull him in, surely someone could have simply walked inside the cage and shot the f**ker in the head.

Even with a shotgun I ain't walking inside that cage  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed