Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,067 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, they were.  But, the only place to get them now is probably on ebay or amazon.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have a raptor from that set, and I think I remember seeing the third one that predxeno posted at an old friend's house.

predxeno

predxeno

I remember there was a commercial for the JP Chaos Effect toy line, but I can't find it online anywhere. :(

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 24, 2011, 08:47:55 PM
The original Jurassic Park novels depicted slightly and voluntarily distorted Dinosaurs - the compy were, for example, described to have 5 fingers that made them human-like.
But... Crichton never went that far.
No, I woudln't like a Chaos Effect film.
I swear I love the book all around more than the movie.
I feel like rereading it now.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The book was hardcore; much grittier than the film. Muldoon turning eggs into gas bombs and Hammond being eaten by Compys...wow.

What really surprised me though was how much dialogue from the book made it into the film verbatim. Don't think I've seen a book-based movie that's done the same thing.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2011, 02:07:49 PM
The book was hardcore; much grittier than the film. Muldoon turning eggs into gas bombs and Hammond being eaten by Compys...wow.

What really surprised me though was how much dialogue from the book made it into the film verbatim. Don't think I've seen a book-based movie that's done the same thing.

Watchmen, and The Road are 2 i can think of off the top of my head.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh yeah, forgot about Watchmen. Haven't seen the other film you mentioned though.

Remonster

Remonster

I'm usually one of those guys who prefers the book over the movie, but with Jurassic park I think its the other way around. I love them both though. Instead of them being so different that one of them is inferior, they're both very well done.

predxeno

predxeno

The book was better than the movie in my opinion for both JP and The Lost World.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Its been so long since I've read the books. I really need to do that again. I own the first...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2011, 02:07:49 PM

On top of what AvatarIII said, No Country for Old Men, Mystic River, The Eiger Sanction, and The Shining are some more I can recall doing so.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Read the book a few years ago, and I've always liked Chrichton, but the movie is far more enjoyable as far as I'm concerned. It had all the awe and wonder the novel lacked. Really not comparable.

And I'll say nothing of The Lost World.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The novels and films work on a dinstinctly separate kind of story-telling.
The novels are dark, gritty, and extremely scientific - and their goal is not the story alone, but the message and thought around it. One of the things I like about the Crichton Literature is that Crichton almost never looses the possibility to enter up a scientifical speculation or reflection, or even historical notes (in Congo, hiyo, they helped me with Geography). He always gets up an excuse to talk about things along these lines, and I love that. The characters in the novels are also darker, they swear a whole lot more, some are even more 'mature' (Tim can't get his eyes off the legs of Ellie Sattler, for example), and the dialogues are way longer and more in depth.
The movies work on a kind-of different plan of storytelling. They tell a classic Sci-Fi story biased on spectacle and fable, rather than exploring down to the last detail the theme they revolve around - like the novels -. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
But I love both the novels and films - in different ways.

Shasvre

Shasvre

When it comes to Jurassic Park, I love the novel as much as the movie. They're different, but equally good. When it comes to The Lost World however, I much prefer the novel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed