Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,466 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Who?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Gold digga.

Ishallsmitethee

Ishallsmitethee

I'd like to see something like a pack of Allosaurs. That would be f**king scary, imagine a group of ten or twelve fast, 30-foot carnivorous dinosaurs chasing people down and ripping them to shreds.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Ishallsmitethee on Feb 23, 2011, 10:08:12 AMI'd like to see something like a pack of Allosaurs. That would be f**king scary, imagine a group of ten or twelve fast, 30-foot carnivorous dinosaurs chasing people down and ripping them to shreds.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2011, 08:17:24 AM
There was a scene with the mercs f**king shit up on an abandonded air field. They were describing the weapons too I think. And it was the token black guy that brought it to the island I believe. Apparently he can't aim.

How well do you think you could aim a weapon when a 60-ft, 9-ton carnivore is charging at you and you're quivering in fear? Especially when that weapon needs to be planted on the ground to use.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 23, 2011, 08:11:18 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 23, 2011, 03:21:00 AM
...i wanted the Barrett to obliterate the Spynnosaur's head in JP3 but that's another thing.

it always bugged me that these top hunters had stormtrooper accuracy. we saw a clear shot of a raptor IMPALED and we couldn't see a couple dropping dead in the background?
When did they get a Barrett in JP3?
I don't remember one.

AHEM.

the M-82A2 Barrett Anti Materiel designated 'Chopper Popper' High Caliber(12.7mm/.50 Browning machinegun BMG) rifle. Presented in the movie as a 20mm autocannon, which also reminds me of...

Remonster

Remonster

The "Token" Black guy didn't have the M82A2. Cooper did, and I don't blame him for not getting a hit on the Spinosaurus with it. If he did, he probably would've blown the damn things head of since it apparently shot high explosive incendiary rounds  :P I really did like that they used that rifle in the movie though, because it really reminded me of the Over the Shoulder launcher that Muldoon used in the first book.

Nash had a Mossberg 500 Cruiser that I wish had gotten a little more action before he died. All that firepower and it didn't last past maybe half an hour on the island :C

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And only one weapon was actually used lol

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Remonster on Feb 23, 2011, 01:49:33 PM
Nash had a Mossberg 500 Cruiser that I wish had gotten a little more action before he died. All that firepower and it didn't last past maybe half an hour on the island :C

That's one of the many reasons why I disliked JP3. They're portrayed as these tough guys in the airfield and get wiped out almost as soon as they land on the island.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 23, 2011, 02:50:35 PM

That's one of the many reasons why I disliked JP3. They're portrayed as these tough guys in the airfield and get wiped out almost as soon as they land on the island.

That is kinda unrealistic.

Gate

Gate

Well, look at the bright side. They would run outta ammunition, EVENTUALLY...

:D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 23, 2011, 02:50:35 PM

Why should that make you dislike it? It just shows that these guys didn't really understand what they were getting themselves into.

SM

SM

Yeah I remember seeing a movie just like that.  All these soliders with high tech weapons getting pwned by these monsters from another planet.  What was it called...?  Something like 'Foreigners' or something...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SM on Feb 24, 2011, 01:41:39 AM
Yeah I remember seeing a movie just like that.  All these soliders with high tech weapons getting pwned by these monsters from another planet.  What was it called...?  Something like 'Foreigners' or something...

I think.... I think you're almost there, bro.

Shasvre

Shasvre

You must be thinking of Starship Troopers. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed