Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,012 times)

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 30, 2010, 04:19:36 PM
And in slightly less intriguing news...

I have mixed feelings. A remake would be f**king awesome, but what would they call it? Halo: Milk That Cashcow?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A remake? With that God awful level we call the Library and just a repetitive cycle of maps? No thanks.

daywalker

daywalker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 16, 2010, 08:52:25 PM
Was I finished The Package and...

Spoiler
Am extremely disappointed at how severely this game rapes the existing Halo canon. Really disappointed. Pissed off, in fact.
[close]
this may be old BUT any cannon inconsistencies are fixed with halseys journal, the fragment was just a fragment of the AI ( not saying who the AI is) the real AI was with the spartans and with them for their story, the ADVANCE!! covenant team were spread of arounf the viery territory ONI kept the small battalion under raps thinking they could smother the covenant, the Real BIG Fleet come on the 30th of August as always and Hollands line of "It's the whole God damn covenant fleet" is him thinking it's the whole fleet it's not. like many other story goers once i read through the jornal of haleys and skimmed through the new FOR book it all came together :D and the pillar on reach well the time line states that after dropping red team and chief and his team the pillar had a gap of time to get on reach and pickup the fragment of the AI. this is why it has the jump jets underneath it to lift off faster and more efficiant and well the POA isnt a ship that can be in atsmothspere without damage,

Vakarian

Vakarian

Just thought i'd show you guys my version of a Ostrich Spartan  ;D

And what happens when you take a rocket launcher to a disco lol

FLASH!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 01, 2010, 01:57:15 AM
A remake? With that God awful level we call the Library and just a repetitive cycle of maps? No thanks.
Not even the single thought that they would fix the things like that crossed your mind, huh?  ???

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 01, 2010, 07:33:16 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 01, 2010, 01:57:15 AM
Not even the single thought that they would fix the things like that crossed your mind, huh?  ???

Why would it? If they do, it changes the story. The point of Halo was to destroy it ultimately in the end so why would that change?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Change the repetitive level design in The Library would change the overall story? And what exactly do you mean by "repetitive cycle of maps"?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You play 5-6 levels IIRC, hit The Library, then replay those same 5-6 levels in reverse.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Okay, so backtracking. Really the only levels you seriously backtrack on are Assault on the Control Room/Two Betrayals and The Truth and Reconciliation/Keyes. Design changes to make the levels seem less like backtracking would obviously be made, and the thought that this would end up being a direct remake is proposterous. I'm guessing that the only main area that you would backtrack through would be the Control Room structure.

Besides, most people haven't complained about the actual backtracking than the fact that you're going through what seems to be the same hallways over and over again- doesn't matter wether you are in the same level- it was repetitive the first time.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's because the people who didn't complain are the ones who jumped on-board the Halo bandwagon, screaming and creaming about revolutionary and incredible it was when it first came out. But tracking through slow levels, combined with slow Xbox controls, didn't make it that incredible. The series has come a long way since then and I'm confident the new game could be better, but I'm not getting ahead of myself.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I meant to this day, actually. It's not like Halo was never criticized for it's level design, come on..  ::)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 02, 2010, 04:17:56 AM
The series has come a long way since then and I'm confident the new game could be better, but I'm not getting ahead of myself.
Which is what I've been saying. It's come a long way, so even thinking for one second that the level design would stay the same is absurd.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: zShadow on Dec 01, 2010, 03:57:57 PM
Just thought i'd show you guys my version of a Ostrich Spartan  ;D

And what happens when you take a rocket launcher to a disco lol

FLASH!

I so want to shoot my friend now with a rocket launcher more than ever.  :D

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Just played through all the Halo games in order, I still love the story, so epic.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Just some more HQ Shots, Have To say Halo Has The Best 'splodes in video gaming.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: zShadow on Dec 03, 2010, 01:51:46 PM
Just some more HQ Shots, Have To say Halo Has The Best 'splodes in video gaming.

That second screenshot is f**king beutiful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed