Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,219 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Sep 26, 2010, 09:22:56 PM
I only need two more achievements: rank up to Captain, and buy an item that requires the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.

Nice, I won't even attempt the Legendary achievements. I find it impossible.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It's pretty simple once you find a routine on how to kill each enemy you face. Killing a few enemies, here or there, will earn you a checkpoint, so always be on the lookout for those. They always seem to appear after every tiny skirmish you have with a few enemies, so you might be getting a checkpoint in a certain spot that you didn't get before.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Halo Reach is the first Halo game I've ever beaten. 

I'd tried playing the original halo back in the day, but couldn't ever quite find out what the fuss was about.  I bought it used and got to the planet, but lost interest and stopped.  Then I was going to try it again, but for some reason the game would never load again.

I might try the original again in the 360 to see if it will work.

Halo Reach was pretty solid.  My only real complaint was the fact the music was so loud I couldn't hear half of what the characters were saying, and even when I switched the subtitles on, they'd only play half the time.

Could be because I'm a 360 noob and I'm looking in the wrong place to adjust those settings. 

I haven't tried multi yet, only the campaign.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 26, 2010, 04:34:09 PM
Today I started playing Halo Wars campaign again! I beat the first four levels.

I'm going to play all the games in chronological order:

Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo Combat Evolved
Halo 2 up until the slipspace jump
Halo 3 ODST
The rest of Halo 2
Halo 3
I did that exact order! It's so cool leaving Halo 2 for a while, I just opened the tray as soon as it cut to black and put in ODST. It's such a cool feeling; the continuity is flawless.  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 13, 2010, 01:20:51 AM
Quote from: Razz on Sep 13, 2010, 12:56:40 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 13, 2010, 12:29:32 AM
So is there online matchmaking for Firefight and Campaign in Reach?
Yes for both.
Holy f**k, praise jesus.

For clarity, I'm talking about being able to sort out a random game with random people, like how you can do Horde mode or Campaign in Gears of War with random pubbies, or like how you can play AvP2010's Survival mode with random people and not just your friends.

Halo Reach will have that for co-op Campaign and Firefight?
Oh hey, remember this post?

Yeah there isn't actually public matchmaking for campaign, whoops!
Smooth move, Bungie.

VEF214

VEF214

The main problem with Reach is that there was a release date set.  :(

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 27, 2010, 05:42:45 PM
Yes for both.
Holy f**k, praise jesus.

For clarity, I'm talking about being able to sort out a random game with random people, like how you can do Horde mode or Campaign in Gears of War with random pubbies, or like how you can play AvP2010's Survival mode with random people and not just your friends.

Smooth move, Bungie.

They're working out the kinks and it will be available in a couple weeks.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh, so they ARE going to include it later, as a title update? That's reassuring. Thanks! :)

Dachande

Dachande

They were waiting before releasing it, so that people could finish the story, and not end up with matchmaking throwing them in halfway through the campaign

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Dachande on Sep 27, 2010, 06:46:45 PM
They were waiting before releasing it, so that people could finish the story, and not end up with matchmaking throwing them in halfway through the campaign

Beat me to it, Dach. :)

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 27, 2010, 05:42:45 PM
Yes for both.
Holy f**k, praise jesus.

Smooth move, Bungie.

"We made mention of it earlier in the week, but since it wraps nicely into a couple of other points we want to drive home I'm going to cover it again. Right now, Campaign Matchmaking is not available as part of our online experience. The main reason for its omission is simple: we don't want your very first experience in campaign to occur on the very last level, and like all our matchmaking playlists, Campaign Matchmaking will offer all players in the party a vote as to which mission they'll end up tackling together. Democracy is totally sweet, but in this case, the majority might overrule your No Spoilers Doctrine."

"As soon as we feel like there's been a big enough cushion between launch and present day, we'll open it up for everybody (more on timing in a few scrolls)."

Just incase you think i'm bullshitting.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=28689

Yeah.

Yautja117

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Was just a little surprised to see promises that campaign co-op would be included in the game, and then actually play the game and see it wasn't there, is all. :)

SpaceMarines

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Sep 26, 2010, 11:04:09 PM
Just beat it on Legendary on co-op... man that was tough :P some of those elites are brutal, and that giant green shit they shoot hurts like hell!

Fuel Rod guns

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 27, 2010, 02:26:55 AM
Halo Reach is the first Halo game I've ever beaten. 

I'd tried playing the original halo back in the day, but couldn't ever quite find out what the fuss was about.  I bought it used and got to the planet, but lost interest and stopped.  Then I was going to try it again, but for some reason the game would never load again.

I might try the original again in the 360 to see if it will work.

Halo Reach was pretty solid.  My only real complaint was the fact the music was so loud I couldn't hear half of what the characters were saying, and even when I switched the subtitles on, they'd only play half the time.

Could be because I'm a 360 noob and I'm looking in the wrong place to adjust those settings. 

I haven't tried multi yet, only the campaign.

What's your gamertag dude?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed