Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 752,423 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Can not wait for Tuesday! I'm spending my day antisocially playing continuously until I beat it! (OK, I'll take a small break for a slice of pizza or a sandwich :P)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Make it last! Two missions a day, as I always say.

>.>

That  rhymes!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I can't allow myself to do that. The only video games I play now are Halo (and occasionally L4D), so when I get the next Halo game, I like to play through like it's a movie. Then I have fun and play through with my friends. Man, I loved the past 5 games. Can't wait for this one!

First Blood

First Blood

A mission ----> Multiplayer -------> A few missions more ------> Multiplayer ------>A few missions more.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

For me, story is the most important feature. Anything else on the disc is an added bonus. Not just with Halo, but any game I buy.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 13, 2010, 12:44:19 AM
I can't allow myself to do that. The only video games I play now are Halo (and occasionally L4D), so when I get the next Halo game, I like to play through like it's a movie. Then I have fun and play through with my friends. Man, I loved the past 5 games. Can't wait for this one!

Fine. Just remember to pee every few hours. I'd hate for your bladder to explode during the climax.

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 13, 2010, 12:46:32 AM
A mission ----> Multiplayer -------> A few missions more ------> Multiplayer ------>A few missions more.

Ah yes, another good system. A healthy degree of balance, with bladder control being the only drawback once again. 

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 13, 2010, 12:29:32 AM
So is there online matchmaking for Firefight and Campaign in Reach?
Yes for both.

randy4321

randy4321

Soo how was the review?

Razz

Razz

Here are some of the review scores for the game so far.

1UP A+

GamePro 5 out 5 Stars

Joystiq 5 out 5 Stars

G4 5 out 5 Stars

Gaurdian UK 5 out 5 Stars

IGN UK 10

OXM UK 10

Telegraph 10

Game Revolution 10

Game Reactor Sweden 10

Game Reactor Denmark 10

Planet Xbox 10

Destructoid 10

IGN 9.5

GameInformer 9.5

Machinima 9.5

360 Achievements 9.4

Gametrailers 9.3

CVG 9.2

Eurogamer 9

Video Gamer 9

Gamezone 8.5

GamesRadar 8

GiantBomb 4 out 5 Stars

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TJ Doc on Sep 13, 2010, 12:56:27 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 13, 2010, 12:44:19 AM

Fine. Just remember to pee every few hours. I'd hate for your bladder to explode during the climax.

Ahh, thank you very much for that information! Now I will be able to enjoy the game 100%! :D

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Sep 12, 2010, 09:01:08 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Sep 12, 2010, 07:45:23 PM
QuoteHalo's strengths lie in its story and storytelling rather than the inherent action.

Joseph Staten admitted ON CAMERA they pulled 2 and 3 literally out of their asses at the last minute, and most of the budget for three went to multiplayer, which shows in spades.
Proof required

You must suck at listening, because the interview came with the game.

oxm interview, legendary viddoc

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm going to finish the campaign then go online. One thing at a time.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but with all this Reach excitement, i wonder what direction 343 will be taking the franchise in...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Razz on Sep 13, 2010, 12:56:40 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 13, 2010, 12:29:32 AM
So is there online matchmaking for Firefight and Campaign in Reach?
Yes for both.
Holy f**k, praise jesus.

For clarity, I'm talking about being able to sort out a random game with random people, like how you can do Horde mode or Campaign in Gears of War with random pubbies, or like how you can play AvP2010's Survival mode with random people and not just your friends.

Halo Reach will have that for co-op Campaign and Firefight?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Xhan on Sep 12, 2010, 07:45:23 PM
QuoteHalo's strengths lie in its story and storytelling rather than the inherent action.

Joseph Staten admitted ON CAMERA they pulled 2 and 3 literally out of their asses at the last minute, and most of the budget for three went to multiplayer, which shows in spades.
Then their assholes must've been lined with gold, because just about every fan of the story loved both of them.

The Gametrailers review disturbed me. Not because of the final score, but for the reasons they were taking points away from it.. Forge almost not necessary? *FACEPALM* The Focus Rifle overpowered? Are you kidding me?
There were other things, but that just stood out for me the most.

The IGN reviews were awesome.

I'm gonna take some pictures of the statue on Wednesday (c'mon.. you think I'm gonna be posting on Tuesday?), and requests?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed