Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,242 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Argh. I still need to get the Fleet Battles game. I wanted them so badly but just never got around to buying them. The Ground Command looks fun too.

I started reading Shadow of Intent last night. I'm about halfway through it and actually really enjoying it. Got really into it.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Shadow of Intent seems exactly like my kind of book !

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-bits-pieces

Highlights:

- Halo: Ground Command shown at Salute 2016 + a little interview
- Promethean Soldier models (all variants)
- MegaBlocks' lovely video of the ODST Buck figure, which seems to be part of an ongoing series - Halo Heroes
- File Browser for Halo Waypoint

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Apr 18, 2016, 04:10:53 PM
Shadow of Intent seems exactly like my kind of book !

I finished this last week. Wonderful read. I really enjoyed it. Would recommend it to you. Hope to see more of the characters and would love them to explore these new Prelates they introduced.

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-journalistic-integrity

Highlights:

- a look at Halo: Reach's Special Collector Editions
- "Stasis", a map coming with the "Memories of Reach" update

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What's Halo: Reach's Special Collector Editions? A re-release of Reach?

Murfy426

Murfy426

I'm sure they already released Reach as a backwards compatible game not that long ago, I'm just too damn excited for Emile's armour which is called simply 'Wraith' now that armour is state of the badass art!

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2016, 12:10:21 PM
What's Halo: Reach's Special Collector Editions? A re-release of Reach?

No. It's the Limited Edition of Halo: Reach that came back in 2010. You know, the one with Halsey's journal, documents, photos and the Noble Team statue.

Grim talks about the extra documents in this Canon Fodder (although briefly). Most of it are just transcripts for those who couldn't get them.

Don't set your hopes too high. They're just recycling bits from the lore.  :P

Quote from: Murfy426 on May 01, 2016, 12:18:56 PM
I'm sure they already released Reach as a backwards compatible game not that long ago,

I think it was either December or November.

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder !

Reach lovers, unite !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-noble-intentions

Highlights:

Different stuff coming in the "Memories of Reach" update, like:
               - "Indomitable" (Jorge), "Wrath"(Emile), "Intruder"(Kat), "Vigilant"(Jun) armor variants
               - Jorge's chaingun and the Brute Plasma Rifle

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That's cool and all...now how about we get to H3 and Halo Reach anniversary

Randomizer

Randomizer

Currently reading Shadow of Intent. Will post my thoughts as I finish.

By the way, have any of you seen Harupsis' analysis of Halo 5?

https://haruspis.wordpress.com/tag/halo-5-guardians/page/3/

Beware: Ranting.

New Canon Fodder !

Spoiler

NEW ANTHOLOGY

THAT COVER

BY THE GODS
[close]

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-the-write-stuff

Highlights:

- new anthology coming on 20 September 2016, Halo: Fractures. Among a lot of stories Shadow of Intent and Saint's Testimony will also be included. It is more than likely that we will be getting some sort of update on Grey Team.

Full list of writers:

Spoiler

Tobias Buckell - author of "Halo: The Cole Protocol"

Troy Denning - author of "Halo: Last Light"

Matt Forbeck - author of "Halo: New Blood"

Kelly Gay

Christie Golden

Kevin Grace

Morgan Lockhart

John Jackson Miller

Frank O'Connor

Brian Reed

James Swallow
[close]

- the UNSC Pelican and Covenant Phantom will be coming soon to the Halo: Ground Command tabletop game.
- the Ultimate Arbiter Pack for Killer Instinct is available for 9.99 $ on the Xbox Store, which probably includes all Halo related material showcased in the game
- correcting a writing mistake regarding one of Doisac's satellites
- "The History of Sgt. Johnson" video

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Awesome! I was worried we wouldn't be getting any new novels for a while. There'd be no announcements.

Grey Team are gone! I wonder if we'll be finding out more about their encounter with the Didact.

Randomizer

Randomizer

There's no official announcement about the stories yet, but we'll get more info (hopefully) in the next Cannon Fodder. The thing about Gray Team is just a rumor I picked in the process.  ;D

The structure/ship in the corners of the cover piques my interest though. I can't tell if it's Forerunner or not.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd guess so from the blues.

Randomizer

Randomizer

If I tilt my head slightly I can make out some UNSC-y arhitecture right there, sorta.

By the way, there's been a Twitter post which seems to confirm countless rumors that...

Spoiler

Brian Reed will be doing the Gray Team story. So we're 100% sure on this?

Spoiler

There goes another Spartan team...

sigh
[close]
[close]

I'm in a bit of a hurry so I can't link the source but it was somewhere on the /r/HaloStory subreddit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed