Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,264 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 04, 2014, 11:23:26 PM
Switching between the graphics also allows the original version to be played in high definition (as high as it can go at least) and widescreen, which the original release couldn't, so that's a really cool aspect. I'd personally recommend playing with the original graphics because it understands the mood and atmosphere that the series then goes off of better than the Anniversary current-gen revamp.

QFT

Greedo

Greedo

A new peice of official Halo 5 atwork has been posted....

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

And again in high resolution:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Looks great :)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Main reason I need da One. Das sum awesome shit.

Sabby

Sabby

About the Anniversary edition, I'd like to add that not only did the original graphics suit the tone more, I'd argue it's effects were better as well. Ever since Halo 2, the special effects have gotten more glittery, and it's less imposing because of it. Compare the Hunters Fuel Rod guns, or the grenade explosions in Halo 1 to Halo 2.

Halo Reach did a lot to try and recapture that old feeling though. Everything had much more impact to it then in Halo 3.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

The only thing about the Anniversary Edition that I would change is the coloring but besides that it's superior in all ways to the old one.

Vakarian

Vakarian

I really should pick up the anniversary edition aswell. I haven't even played Halo 1 or Halo 2 before.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 11, 2014, 06:14:34 PM
The only thing about the Anniversary Edition that I would change is the coloring but besides that it's superior in all ways to the old one.

I think they made the Forerunner architecture too busy. And they royally f**ked up how the Halo itself looks from space (looked more Covenant than Forerunner).

Other than that, I was quite happy with the majority of the updated graphics.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Halo 5!?  ;D

Nightlord

Nightlord

Remastered (lol ::)) soundtrack sucks tho.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 12, 2014, 05:32:22 AM
I meant to say that it's surperior in all ways to the old one graphically. I didn't even know it had a different soundtrack.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I liked the redone soundtrack a lot, myself. The original is classic, but the Anniversary version was not a bad update at all. I liked the updated sound effects a lot as well.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 12, 2014, 05:35:21 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 12, 2014, 05:32:22 AM
I meant to say that it's surperior in all ways to the old one graphically. I didn't even know it had a different soundtrack.
It's default unless you switch it back in the options.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 12, 2014, 05:39:55 AM
I liked the redone soundtrack a lot, myself. The original is classic, but the Anniversary version was not a bad update at all. I liked the updated sound effects a lot as well.
The updated sound effects were nice alright, but I'd have liked an option to switch them back too. I don't know who did the soundmixing for anniversary but goddamn it is terrible, using some weapons like the assault rifle completely drowns out the soundtrack.

Sabby

Sabby

I'd miss the grenade sound.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed