And it is glorious.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Wait... tr... trees...?

TREES?!

Oh my god, when you wish upon a star... :'J

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup, really excited to see what all the creative people among us are able to do with that map. I just hope my Live isn't running out soon...I still have to download the new maps and give the rest of Spartan Ops a go.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2013, 05:15:01 AM
I still have to download the new maps and give the rest of Spartan Ops a go.

*solemn nod*

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-4-Forge-Island/69039a51-47b5-40fa-b633-e27b5b468bd5?noSplash=1

Not sure if it will stay this way, but ATM, looks like Forge Island was released a little early?

Also, a green screen is available on the map. For machinimas and stuff.

That's pretty f**king cool.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ooh, very excited for the green screen.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Did some fooling around and pulled together this little test in the new map.

So far, really liking this new forge map.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: KNIGHT on Mar 29, 2013, 04:22:02 PM
Also, a green screen is available on the map. For machinimas and stuff.
...That's just amazingly cool.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Preview of Volume 2 of the soundtrack:

https://soundcloud.com/neil-davidge/sets/halo-4-original-soundtrack-2

I'm happy they're doing this as there was much missing from the first one-- particularly Laskey's theme, which I'm relieved to see here.

One I'm really hoping makes an appearance somewhere on here is one of my favorite cues from the entire game-- at the beginning of the level 'Shutdown' when Laskey approaches Cortana and Chief. It starts off with a variation of Laskey's theme, but then turns into something a bit more low-key and intimate when Cortana asks Chief to 'take a girl for a ride'. Just something about that one that stuck with me...

Hubbs

Hubbs

Can someone just answer me these questions on the recent Halo 4...

1. All the armour (visors, helmets, legs, arms etc..) that you can unlock whilst playing Spartan Ops, does this actually make any difference to the gameplay or your character?? or is it just for looks. Same issue with the last Halo game, the extra armour didn't seem to do anything other than look good.

Also, does it make a difference, or are you suppose to have all the same armour sections on your character? in other words are you suppose to use all 'warrior' armour sections? or 'aviator' etc...Does it make any difference if you mix n match the parts??.

2. On your records, what are 'commendations'? how do you earn these?. It says you get them by killing certain enemies, I've completed the game and I'm half way through the Ops and got virtually zero, I don't get it, what am I missing?.

3. There is a list of Spartan characters that you seem to be able to unlock, they look like customised characters with fancy armour suits. How do you unlock these guys? (can't remember what this section is called in the menu).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

1. Armor is purely aesthetic. It does not impact gameplay at all.

2. Commendations are, as you said, awarded by completing certain tasks. Once completed each accomidation will give you extra experience points that help you to level up a bit faster.

3. The menu you are thinking of is 'Specializations'. Specializations are unlocked after reaching a certain level, and allow you to give your character certain attributes that alter and cater towards your style of gameplay.

So, anyways, anyone else thinking we may be seeing something from 343 Industries at the upcoming E3 about the next Halo game? They already said that they don't want to wait three years between each game, and we are (most likely) not getting a game this year, so that means that we are ore than likely going to see the next Halo game (be it Halo 5 or a spinoff of some sort) in 2014. Halo 4 (a 2012 release), was unveiled at E3 2011, after all.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 21, 2013, 02:52:09 PM
1. Armor is purely aesthetic. It does not impact gameplay at all.

2. Commendations are, as you said, awarded by completing certain tasks. Once completed each accomidation will give you extra experience points that help you to level up a bit faster.

3. The menu you are thinking of is 'Specializations'. Specializations are unlocked after reaching a certain level, and allow you to give your character certain attributes that alter and cater towards your style of gameplay.

1. That's what I thought, kinda pointless really  :-\

2. What tasks? the weekly tasks?  is there any point in leveling up? does it make any difference to your character?

3. What levels must you reach? and in what game mode? I haven't played online wargames yet, I'm just playing through the Spartan Ops.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

2. There is a menu you can access from the main menu that tell you what they are (get 100 kills with Assault Rifle, kill 50 Grunts, etc. They're things like that).

3. I'm not sure, to be honest. Been a while since I popped the disc in (or even turned my XBox on). But again, there is a menu you can access that will tell you what level you need to reach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed