Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,004 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Hubbs

Hubbs

M'kay, quickie...is Halo 4 good?

Love the previous games, done them all, should I continue? Also is online any better this time?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Best multiplayer since Halo 2, in my opinion.

I always find it difficult to balance which is my favorite Halo game since I find them all brilliant for what they were made for, but if I really had to rank them, I believe Halo 4 would be close to touching Halo 2 as a top favorite overall.

Not to mention that this really advances the series in numerous ways.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 18, 2012, 10:41:03 AM
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-performance-by-a-human-female

I don't give a shit what else you pick, just vote for Jen Taylor.

Definitely did. Though I'm a bit upset that Halo 4 didn't get at least a nomination for GOTY.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, I'm surprised too. I'm thinking that they chose the GOTY nominees before Halo 4 entered the review stage though, otherwise it would be an obvious choice.

...Then again, there are a couple other games I would have like to've seen on there, so it's always a clash of interests. Oh, and 343i deserves the Best Studio win. Gearbox is fantastic, TellTale is one of the most admirable devs out there, and Arkane has busted onto the scene in definitive style, but 343 Industries produced a resounding success in the face of a nearly immeasurable challenge, establishing themselves as the new hyper-competent holders of a legendary franchise, tasked with making sure it remains so. Through that, they'd had to (and more than did) earn the respect and trust of diehard long-time fans of the franchise. If that doesn't make them deserving of that award... I don't wanna know what does.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm with you on that, Sweeps. I may even manage to motivate myself to move my mouse and make up my mind to vote.

Gah, going through, there's a few categories I just can't decide on; namely, the ones where Halo 4 and Max Payne 3 are going head-to-head. Which was the best shooter, which had the best soundtrack? Gah, I can't do this!

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

When in doubt, Halo.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

But Max deserves recognition as well! Okay, I think I've gone towards Halo for soundtrack, but I still cannot decide for best shooter. I loved each of them!

Remonster

Remonster

Afraid to say I went with Max Payne when available.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Nothing wrong with that, at all.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2012, 03:07:24 PM
Definitely did. Though I'm a bit upset that Halo 4 didn't get at least a nomination for GOTY.

I think it's because it's an Xbox exclusive; looking at all the GotY candidates, they're all multiplatform.

Aspie

Aspie

Study < Halo 4

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 18, 2012, 09:21:40 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2012, 03:07:24 PM
I think it's because it's an Xbox exclusive; looking at all the GotY candidates, they're all multiplatform.
Good point, you're probably right.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 18, 2012, 05:09:44 PM
Gah, going through, there's a few categories I just can't decide on; namely, the ones where Halo 4 and Max Payne 3 are going head-to-head. Which was the best shooter, which had the best soundtrack? Gah, I can't do this!
Yeah, I was split between the two; in the end I voted for Halo 4 as Best Shooter, seeing as Max Payne 3 should have been in the Action Adventure category, comparing the Best Shooter nominees to that one-- first person vs third person. I ended up voting for Max Payne 3 for Best Soundtrack though. It was a brilliant set that played on the story's themes, called back to sounds of the 80's, and was a beautifully original take on such a hardboiled series.

Spoiler

Vepariga

Vepariga

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-performance-by-a-human-female

Jen gets my vote..

on another note..why is Journey in so many catagories? its a great game but come on its like 20mins long.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Borderlands 2 deserved a GotY nomination, straight up. How dare they overlook it!!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

They need to hurry up and add Grifball to the matchmaking playlist.

Also, reached rank 51 and got my Rouge Specialization started. Yay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed