Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,100 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
Same. f**king hell, that was some melancholia right there.

This is hitting me harder than Johnson's death. And Johnson's death hit me pretty damn hard.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Glad you finished it, Marines. And yeah, it hit pretty friggin' hard. Beautifully done, though.

Spoiler
"Our duty as soldiers is to protect humanity. Whatever the cost."

"You say that like soldiers and humanity are two different things. Soldiers aren't machines. We're just people."
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
What's getting me most right now is when Cortana reaches out and... touches you for the first time.

Beautiful.
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 15, 2012, 04:55:03 AM
Spoiler
What's getting me most right now is when Cortana reaches out and... touches you for the first time.

Beautiful.
[close]

Spoiler
Damn, man, I know what you mean. That was a beautiful moment.  :'(
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 15, 2012, 04:58:15 AM
Spoiler

Beautiful.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

"Don't let her go. Don't you ever let her go."

But she was gone before I could get a grip...
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 15, 2012, 05:05:56 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 15, 2012, 04:58:15 AM
Spoiler

Beautiful.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

"Don't let her go. Don't you ever let her go."

But she was gone before I could get a grip...
[close]

:'( :'( :'(   Damn you, Marines....and Halo. Makin me cry and what not.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Spoiler
Why are we spoilering quotes, unless someones played the game they won't even get these lines.
[close]

My personal favourite
Spoiler
"In this hour of victory, we taste only defeat. I ask, why? We are Forerunners, guardians of all that exists. The roots of the galaxy have grown deep under our careful tending. Where there is life, the wisdom of our countless generations has saturated the soil. Our strength is a luminous sun, towards which all intelligence blossoms... And the impervious shelter beneath which it has prospered. I stand before you, accused of the sin of ensuring Forerunner ascendancy. Of attempting to save us from this fate where we are forced to... recede. Humanity stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy. Refusing to eradicate them is a fool's gambit. We squander eons in the darkness, while they seize our triumphs for their own. The Mantle of responsibility for all things belongs to Forerunners alone. Think of my acts as you will. But do not doubt the reality: the Reclamation... has already begun. And we are hopeless to stop it."
[close]
I believe he's still alive too, no way a pulse grenade of all things could stop him.

Also any one else watched the terminals? Pretty much confirm our Halo 4 Didact is
Spoiler
the Ur-Didact.
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Better safe than sorry for me, man. I wouldn't want to know any lines coming from a scene such as the one we are speaking of.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Same. The number of times I've had things spoilered due to inconsiderate posts, ugh, it's terrible.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 15, 2012, 04:09:15 AM
Spoiler
Same. f**king hell, that was some melancholia right there.

This is hitting me harder than Johnson's death. And Johnson's death hit me pretty damn hard.
[close]

Spoiler
Just to add some perspective to the Chief's sadness, to him Cortana's death was at most 24 hours after Johnson's.
[close]

On a lighter note, I think I can go Super Saiyan at Halo multiplayer. I'm pretty beastly at Halo 3 and Reach (I've been having quite a bit of trouble with Halo 4), killing everyone effortlessly. I only really have two states of play: one is where I need to try my darnedest and really focus on everything, where I only go at most positive five K/D spread. The other is when I slip into what I've dubbed the "Killing Zone", where I don't have to try at all and I stomp right the Hell over everyone. Tapping into the Killing Zone is pretty much the backbone of all my Halo skill, because I'm pretty average without it.

I first discovered it in Halo 3 after playing a bunch of Lone Wolves. I suddenly found out that I could walk all over everyone somehow. A bit of practice in that playlist and I shot straight up to Rank 50 and I instantly got all my ability as soon as I booted up the playlist. I could only get it in team games when I was playing with a select set of buddies, otherwise I was pretty mediocre. In Reach, all it takes is two or three warm-up games every time I boot it up before I hit my stride and start my domination.

In my multiplayer experience on Halo 4, I've been doing pretty poorly (barely have a positive overall K/D spread) and I thought I might just straight up suck at the game. But tonight I managed to tap into the Killing Zone twice and go positive ten and positive twelve, back-to-back. So I know it's there, I just need to figure out how to access it. And no, I'm not confusing the Killing Zone with doing really well or being on the ball or whatever. It's a totally different state of play. I've had game where I do really good but don't actually get into the KZ and they're completely different experiences. And the strangest part is that I've only ever had this ability for Halo (and AVP2).

I was just thinking about that tonight and it really intrigued me. I wanted to share it with somebody because I wanted to get my thoughts down and because it's kind of weird for me as a player. You guys got any special "Halo mode" things going on, or are you always behind the wheel for good or ill?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Nov 15, 2012, 05:32:54 AM
Spoiler
Just to add some perspective to the Chief's sadness, to him Cortana's death was at most 24 hours after Johnson's.
[close]

Oh, Jesus Christ, why'd you have to say that? :'(

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 15, 2012, 05:44:48 AM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on Nov 15, 2012, 05:32:54 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh, Jesus Christ, why'd you have to say that? :'(

Oh, shit. I didn't even think of that. Man, just...  :'( :'(

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Play the game for a second time...you'll f**king feel crushed. I know I did.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm gonna start up Legendary soon.

SiL

SiL

I felt nothing.

I'm a bad man :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed