Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,148 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Halo 2 was a great game, but the story feel rush to me. The switching with The Covenant and Human side didn't made sense and everything could have been better.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

meh a little late here but oh well

Reach Spartan(s)

Halo 4 Spartan IV (so far)

Remonster

Remonster

I saw some other people posting their ranking of the halo games, so I thought i'd join-

Halo 4
Halo CE/Anniversary
Halo ODST
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 2

and just to be clear, I absolutely adore the halo games. But Halo 2 and Reach just didn't sit with me like the other ones. And Yes, I can proudly say that Halo 4 has brought the series to a new level for me.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just beat the game last night on solo legendary, and the legendary ending, despite being nearly nothing at all, was worth it (even though we already knew).

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Remonster on Nov 13, 2012, 07:47:44 AM
And Yes, I can proudly say that Halo 4 has brought the series to a new level for me.

Halo 4 and proud!  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 13, 2012, 05:00:52 AM
Halo 2 was a great game, but the story feel rush to me. The switching with The Covenant and Human side didn't made sense and everything could have been better.

The switching was the best part, man!

I do agree it felt a bit rushed, though. The Arbiter's side of the story turned out fine, but it really felt like Chief's was a bit compressed, and lacked a proper ending.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Hmm.. this nit picking has got me trying to remember. :laugh: I thought they set up the switching nicely in H2, but I was just impressed by that game in general.

I was honestly not very impressed by Reach. :-\ The gameplay and some of the new mechanics and gizmos were great, but the missions weren't really very spectacular. The level design bored me the most.. as it seemed many places were just these open warehouses or facilities without much going on.

Still, of all people's opinions on Halo, if we have Reach or Halo 2 as the least-liked of the series, that's a serious f**king victory for a game franchise. :D

Here's mine, obviously still haven't played H4:

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo: Reach
Halo 3
Halo: ODST

Did ODST feel like some strange soap opera to anyone else? After that ass-kicking drop pod sequence and the silenced weapons, I started getting the weirdest soap opera vibe from the game... :laugh:

/Halo noob comment, continue on discussing H4, crack addicts.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I'm gonna jump on the Halo ranking bandwagon now too.

Halo 4.
Halo 2: Arbiter levels
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary)
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Halo 3.
Halo 2: Master Chief levels.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: KNIGHT on Nov 13, 2012, 06:31:39 PM
I'm gonna jump on the Halo ranking bandwagon now too.

Halo 4.
Halo 2: Arbiter levels
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary)
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Halo 3.
Halo 2: Master Chief levels.

-_- Dude, we will duke it out if you ever rank MC below the Arbiter again.

:P :P :laugh:

Nightlord

Nightlord

G'damn I love pretty much every Halo game equally but if I had to rank them:

Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 4
Halo 2
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Wars
Halo Reach

Prime113

Prime113

I just want to comment on some of the smaller things in the game. This time - Game Audio. This may very well be the best sounding game I've played. The human guns were thick and loud, I love that in games. I could sit in one spot and fire the AR in different bursts and get a boner. The Covenant weapons, except for the storm rifle, were superb as well. The Carbine was my favorite Covvie weapon. The Promethean weapons had that proper "hard-light" sound to them, if we even know what that is.  :laugh: I loved the mix of the Light Rifle's triple burst and one, large, single round.

Then, there's the other audio. When you are simply running, the audio is outstanding. You can hear the juggle of Chief's suit, and the gun, then sound of your heavy body hitting the ground. Two cut scenes in particular stood out to me. First was
Spoiler
When Chief first meets the Libraian. He's walking so slowly, and you can hear every thump his feet make. Second, was the final cut scene where Chief is crawling towards the war-head. Every scrap your armor makes against the bridge is fantastic.
[close]

Also, when Chief is talking to someone and he turns his head, its perfect.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Halo 4 looks like a vast improvement over Halo 3 and ODST. I got those games at half price when i bought my XBOX 360, i had only played Halo a few times on my friend's original XBOX. I thought the Halo3/ODST graphics were poor, gameplay nothing special and the enemies just reminded me of the Jawas from Star Wars. Since it was such a killer platform for the XBOX i though they would have put more effort into it looking better and making the enemies a bit more menacing and less like something from a Saturday morning cartoon.

Because of this i never really became a Halo fan, i had MW2 on my PS3 at the time so i mostly played that. However Reach and Halo 4 look a lot better and many reviewers are saying Halo 4 is the best Halo. Yet Halo 3 has an average reviewer ranking of 94(probably easier to impress reviewers back in 2007) while Halo 4 only has 87. Much like when i played Killzone 2 (god those controls were bad) playing Halo 3 was such an underwhelming experience is Halo 4 a vast improvement that i should buy or if i didn't really enjoy Halo 3 that much is it not really worth getting.

I couldn't even really get into multiplayer or split screen cause my mate who is a fan just kept bounding about like a kangaroo so it was hard to shoot him and it just felt  stupid. Never could get into Halo or Killzone despite all the hype from the XBOX and PS3 fanboys always liked my multiplatform shooter like Call of Duty, Rage and Bioshock.

So is it worth getting even for a someone who isn't Halo fan and thought Halo 3 was overrated?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: HappyAlien on Nov 13, 2012, 11:34:41 PM
Halo 4 looks like a vast improvement over Halo 3 and ODST. I got those games at half price when i bought my XBOX 360, i had only played Halo a few times on my friend's original XBOX. I thought the Halo3/ODST graphics were poor, gameplay nothing special and the enemies just reminded me of the Jawas from Star Wars. Since it was such a killer platform for the XBOX i though they would have put more effort into it looking better and making the enemies a bit more menacing and less like something from a Saturday morning cartoon.

Because of this i never really became a Halo fan, i had MW2 on my PS3 at the time so i mostly played that. However Reach and Halo 4 look a lot better and many reviewers are saying Halo 4 is the best Halo. Yet Halo 3 has an average reviewer ranking of 94(probably easier to impress reviewers back in 2007) while Halo 4 only has 87. Much like when i played Killzone 2 (god those controls were bad) playing Halo 3 was such an underwhelming experience is Halo 4 a vast improvement that i should buy or if i didn't really enjoy Halo 3 that much is it not really worth getting.

I couldn't even really get into multiplayer or split screen cause my mate who is a fan just kept bounding about like a kangaroo so it was hard to shoot him and it just felt  stupid. Never could get into Halo or Killzone despite all the hype from the XBOX and PS3 fanboys always liked my multiplatform shooter like Call of Duty, Rage and Bioshock.

So is it worth getting even for a someone who isn't Halo fan and thought Halo 3 was overrated?
I'd say probably not, no.
Halo is what it is, a arena style multiplayer where bunny hoppers abound and a campaign that will be meaningless to you unless you're a fan of the previous Halos.
It's a great game but if you don't already like Halo chances are it won't change your mind.

BANE

BANE

I absolutely adored this game. My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Seriously. I wouldn't have minded a 20 hour campaign.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: BANE on Nov 14, 2012, 02:48:14 AM
I absolutely adored this game. My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Seriously. I wouldn't have minded a 20 hour campaign.

Same here, I wanted more places to explore! I want all the areas in the next game to be as large as they were in Halo: CE, nothing beats being able to almost "breathe" the air in the open field while running around shooting up Covvies and rescuing team mates.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed