Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,338 times)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Kinda reminds me of a Skirmisher. They had much shorter snouts and thicker necks than the other common Kig-yar, so maybe that's what 343 based them on more.

I could easily see one of them wearing a helmet like this.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 23, 2012, 03:36:54 PM
I wonder it there's going to be an in-universe reason why the Grunts and Jackals look so different?
They've said that we've only ever scratched the surface of how the species look, such as how different races of human can look different.
But aside from that, a lot of fans (judging from the pictures Elites and Grunts) have speculated that these are a group of rouges, detached entirely from the Covenant. Thus why there are elites and their armor is so different.

Prime113

Prime113

I know I'm pretty late on this subject, but...I f**king HATE ARMOR LOOOCKKK! Drives me crazy. I'm so glad they decided to take it out in Halo 4.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Prime113 on Jul 26, 2012, 06:02:07 PM
I know I'm pretty late on this subject, but...I f**king HATE ARMOR LOOOCKKK! Drives me crazy. I'm so glad they decided to take it out in Halo 4.

Armor lock sucks because it is useless.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Useless? I find that hard to believe, it's saved my ass a lot. It's usually only useless if you expect it to be overpowered like some people claim.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Jayden the Omnipotent on Jul 26, 2012, 09:51:09 PM
Useless? I find that hard to believe, it's saved my ass a lot. It's usually only useless if you expect it to be overpowered like some people claim.

I never had need for it. Every time an enemy uses it against me, it sucks to be them because all I have to do is wait before shooting them up again and scoring a point. I really don't see how it can save anyone when it looks to me that it just f**ks over the user. Only speaking on experience because the only time I have ever seen it work was when my brother used it, but that was way back during the first week of the game's release.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 26, 2012, 09:53:27 PM
Quote from: Jayden the Omnipotent on Jul 26, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

I never had need for it. Every time an enemy uses it against me, it sucks to be them because all I have to do is wait before shooting them up again and scoring a point. I really don't see how it can save anyone when it looks to me that it just f**ks over the user. Only speaking on experience because the only time I have ever seen it work was when my brother used it, but that was way back during the first week of the game's release.

That's likely because Armor Lock should be mainly used to combat being splattered by vehicles. A lot of people try to use it in combat against other players, though, and yeah. That kind of backfires.

There are ways to use it against players, but most of the time it requires set circumstances and isn't exactly a viable replacement for knowing how to fight an enemy without armor lock.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Now that we're talking armor lock, I wonder if it was ever used against a Tank, or a Wraith?

To YOUTUBE!

The answer is yes, but not in the way I would like it to.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Armor Lock is also great for when you get stuck with a plasma grenade.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 26, 2012, 10:02:08 PM
Armor Lock is also great for when you get stuck with a plasma grenade.

I think they removed that. There was talk that it was going to be removed.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Why? I liked it, it really reflected myself.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I have no idea if they ever went through with it. All I remember was watching it on that Halo bullshit they have where you can check your stats and watch videos and things like that. People cheered of course.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, they fixed the anti-Sticky thing with the Anniversary title update. Also, if you use Armor Lock against a boosting Wraith, you can get that thing in flames.

I don't use Armor Lock because I suck at timing it, and most people do. Some people though, know how to use it properly and go in and out of it at the perfect time-- not when their health is at a tiny fraction and they're bound to be killed immediately when coming out, or in the middle of an open area. Those people that know how to use it make it very frustrating, because you're bound to be finished off by a teammate of theirs in the hangtime, or they've got a power weapon on hand and are going to use it the second they exit the Lock.

Effectz

Effectz

I played Halo reach for the first time tonight,played the shit out of it.The last level I lasted about half an hour just killing shit but when you die,you see your Helmet wither and rust and Master Chief steps on the planet,I sighed with orgasmic glee.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Was that half an hour before or after you shot down the Covenant ship with the railgun?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed