Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,361 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowLV6uwpFc#ws

Nice, very nice... but does this mean on no on-map weapon pick-ups?  :\

Oh, and my Plasma Pistol is looking beautiful.  >:]

And would you LISTEN to those Melee sounds?! GLO-RI-OUS.

Prime113

Prime113

HHHHNNNGGG- That was all so awesome!

Personally, I think the ordnance thing is pretty cool. 

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So do I, but I just hope it's not there to replace map-based weapon placement. We already know that you can customize start-up weapons, so it leaves me to wonder if this is to give place for power weapons.

Prime113

Prime113

I think they're trying to take away weapon-spawn camping. If you want a heavy weapon, earn it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

That looks excellent  8)

And nothing in there specifies that there aren't going to be on-map weapons. I'd assume at least certain power weapons to remain on map.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Those ordanance drops are only in some playlists, like Infinity slayer, other playlists do have on map weapon pickups.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Watching a livestream of RTX, where some people who are part of the Halo 4 developing team are answering some questions about the game. http://www.twitch.tv/rtxlive2

EDIT: Well that ended quicker than I thought it would.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Was there any good info? Any videos?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I don't remember if this has been posted or not, and I'm not sure if it warrants a new thread at this point (or if a thread for this already exists; the search feature turned up nothing), but Bungie is working on something new. I'm sure some of you have heard about this Project Destiny thing with Activision, but if not, here's an article.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/21/details-on-bungie-39-s-new-project-39-destiny-39-revealed.aspx

Now, there are two things that really interest me in this, apart from the four new games in a new sci-fi universe.

The first, is this little tidbit:

QuoteAlso detailed in the contract is that Bungie is potentially working on another Marathon game, which the studio cannot devote no more than 5 percent of its staff to while working under Activision.

The second is this:

Well, colour me intrigued.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well, that Project Destiny thing is old news. Also Marathon.

Didn't know about Paul though.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Marathon thing was new to me.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2012, 07:07:42 PM
Was there any good info? Any videos?

Well, they confirmed some things about Forge mode.

There won't be options specifically for weather, but there will be some options similar to really give a different feel to the maps.

And no undo mode, but they've added some features so that it's not as easy to accidentally do something that would need an undo.

Other than that, though, it was mostly just clarification of stuff we already knew.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I thought Bungie closed shop, hence why 343 is making Halo 4?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 07, 2012, 10:02:35 PM
I thought Bungie closed shop, hence why 343 is making Halo 4?
Just in regards to Halo games, they are still alive and kicking but working with Activision  :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So much for good games then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed