Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,414 times)

Razz

Razz

I wish they showed more of the game and something Singleplayer related aswell, just seems like very little actual gameplay has been shown. :-\

Still i really like what i have seen so far, seems that they are squeezing the life out of the 360 hardware wise. Kudos 343. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh man does that look amazing! Take my money and take it now!

I am excited as hell to see where the story is headed, the graphics look absolutely beautiful (and oh so realistic), and everything just seems so...Halo.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Razz on Mar 05, 2012, 02:11:40 PM
Making Halo 4 Vidoc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo#ws

So good.

This looks like its going to be a great experience. I am impressed. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting interview with Frank O'Connor. Pretty much confirms no beta.

http://www.oxmonline.com/showcase-halo-4-interview-343-industries-frank-oconnor

Shasvre

Shasvre

For those of you who have read it, does Glasslands act as a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 05, 2012, 09:29:42 PM
For those of you who have read it, does Glasslands act as a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx?

I haven't read it but yes, its a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx and covers some post Halo 3 events :)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2012, 08:32:02 PM
Interesting interview with Frank O'Connor. Pretty much confirms no beta.

http://www.oxmonline.com/showcase-halo-4-interview-343-industries-frank-oconnor
I think we all would've preferred one, hope they have a good balance team.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2012, 09:40:04 PMI haven't read it but yes, its a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx and covers some post Halo 3 events :)

I looked it up on Halopedia and it definitely sounds like it's worth a read.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I'm wondering about some of the Halo 4 multiplayer. I hope assassinations are in it. That was my favorite feature of Reach. :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 05, 2012, 11:22:11 PM
I'm wondering about some of the Halo 4 multiplayer. I hope assassinations are in it. That was my favorite feature of Reach. :)

I like those as well. But I wouldn't really be disappointed if they chose to remove them.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 05, 2012, 11:25:01 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 05, 2012, 11:22:11 PM

I like those as well. But I wouldn't really be disappointed if they chose to remove them.

I would. I really liked those because I could sneak in and take out problem players, like those that are hiding in back with sniper rifles and such. Plus I thought that they gave Reach some more fun.

First Blood

First Blood

Yeah, There was no bigger thrill than sneaking up behind someone online and knifing them in the back. ;D

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 05, 2012, 11:29:19 PM
Yeah, There was no bigger thrill than sneaking up behind someone online and knifing them in the back. ;D

I also get those guys that camp. Say like on Spire, I'll get to the very top and I look down and see a guy camping at the doorway. So I'll sneak up, and there you go.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

In the making video was awesome. I can't wait for a full trailer which won't be until at least in June.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well now I'm more optimistic then I ever saw myself being after hearing of a Halo 4. Seeing the gameplay now and noticing that they're not turning Halo into some unrecognizable mess with only references to what we used to love is ever so reassuring.

From a gameplay standpoint, this seems to be more of a progression from Halo 3 more than Halo: Reach, as we can see through the lack of health system or armor abilities (though it seems that everybody has a sprint ability now; a good move), lack of reticle bloom, and bringing back the (now beautifully redesigned) Battle Rifle instead of Reach's equivalent, the DMR. This makes sense and gets the series into a familiar flow. That isn't to say that I didn't admire Bungie's bold new direction for it's finale, but bringing this into the more established area as a way to start a new trilogy is much prefered.

The team is full of talented people recruited from various other companies with the mindset of 'lets's just make the best Halo game possible', and that's exactly what they need, as a studio devoted to the franchise entirely. I mean, a studio devoted directly to one franchise? That's got to be something big. And, as visible from the remarkable graphical upgrade, there has been some major advancement. Not only in the graphics, but the motion capture clips and the audio team's immersive work (which REALLY hits you when they put it on display in the trailer). On the topic of the audio department, while I'm still not entirely sold on the music, the track used in the opening bit of the recent ViDoc was quite encouraging; it shows that there is still an ethreal and emotional pull to it instead of the standard fare action movie track in the second half that fails to sound like anything Halo related.

For multiplayer, it's been confirmed that there'll be customizable loadouts and progression based unlocks, which brings Halo up to the progression reward level of most other online shooters on the market at the moment. I'm just waiting for a bunch of people to scream and whine that Halo has become Call of Duty now, but I don't think that they understand that these are common traits of shooters nowadays and without them, Halo would'nt, have a chance of staying afloat. That said, I hope there is aspects to these that really grip you that these other shooters can't; which would be well within the tradition of Halo to do- Reach being the exception, having only armor pieces to unlock, unfortunately causing a lack of interest. Armor abilities, thought they don't make an appearance in the ViDoc, may still have their place here through leveling unlocks. Thought at the moment the online portion's graphics don't hold the same 'wow' factor that the campaign stuff does, the game is still in an early stage and Halo is notorious for going through massive graphical changes through development.

And then there's campaign. No new information given here (aside from the fact that it takes place five years after Halo 3), which is disappointing and leaves me still unsold on what has always been the most important aspect for my ongoing love of the series- the story. I don't need to repeat my thoughts on how I see the story as, at this point, being a redundancy, but I will say that Chief's redesign looks much better than what was previously shown in the CGI trailer, and the graphics are simply stunning... it looks like we may actually get the real-time reflective visor we've always wanted. All of the landscapes and locations seem to've been strategically blurred out of focus behind Chief, so there's nothing to really analyse in that department. We do know, however, that there will certainly be upgraded human technology in this place that Chief finds himself in... which leads one to the conclusion that Chief has linked up with a force of humans, once again. No sight of alien technology yet, Forerunner, Covenant, or otherwise.

I'll be watching this game closely now, and intent on seeing what info they release. I've been playing the series for ten years now, long before I was actually 'old enough' to, and with a bit of weariness, I feel I can properly gague my thoughts on these new developments; the thought of an entirely new trilogy following the Master Chief and Cortana and bearing the title of 'Halo 4' still seems a bit daunting to me, but now that they've pulled some of the right chords, I'm interested to see how the rest will play out. Not bad, 343, not bad at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed